kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

Need CAP on overcharges!

With unreliable meters the wireless broadband industry should be regulated. Very soon the screaming will start when subscribers receive bills in the thousand dollar range. $15.00 per gigabyte is pure gouging.

The same scam was used for voice traffic while it lasted. If a subscriber exceeded their plans voice minutes they would be gouged $0.45 per minute. That was to strong arm the customer into purchasing a plan far in excess of what they needed by FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). The wireless salesmen stressed that if they exceeded their minute allocation they would pay a kings ransom for one months voice usage, to intimidate them. I saved about $1,800.00 over the last six years, by subscribing to the 700 minute plan and not subscribing to the recommended 1400 minute plan. I never went over my allocation.

It is allot easier to predict voice usage, data usage is a crap shoot as determined by a major investigation. Subscribers are charged different amounts for transferring the same file depending on the number of retransmissions due to the quality of their wireless connection.