Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

craig70130
Premium
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA

Double-take Availability

Anyone have experience with this product?

Putting together a business continuity plan for a customer and thinking about this product. There is a telco/ISP datacenter in the clients building we may use - multihomed net connections, generators, etc., so the plan is to run fibre between the client and the datacenter, put a server in their location and use Double-take to replicate a couple of servers including Exchange 2010 to VM's on the colocated server.

Comments?

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
A friend of mine uses it for the company he works for in Metairie. I'll ask him about it tomorrow. I don't think it's too difficult to configure and such.
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to craig70130
We use DT on most of our remote locations to synch with corp NAS.

We've been using it for several years now and it is excellent.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

craig70130
Premium
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA
reply to craig70130
Thanks for the info. It burns me that I can't find any pricing. I hate companies that do that - I need to know what ballpark we're in before I waste any more time. List price is fine, just give me an idea.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to craig70130
Unless things have changed that much in the last few years (2008, I think), Double-Take's software was about 8k per license and you're going to need two licenses in most cases.

CA XOsoft was about a third of the price and met our needs easily.

A thread from this forum on my experience (not much detail): »Real-Time Data Mirroring (NO VSS!)

Disclosure: I left the company about 6 months after we implemented XOsoft so I don't know if anything went south.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me