Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to ikyuaoki

Premium Member

to ikyuaoki

Re: data cap increase listed on cox site

That $136 is more than my Ultimate plan and Cox doesn't enforce the cap. $265 is for CATV, VoCABLE and Ultimate.

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

said by skeechan:

That $136 is more than my Ultimate plan and Cox doesn't enforce the cap. $265 is for CATV, VoCABLE and Ultimate.

Ok, here's comparsion:

my 136 dollars x 12 months is 1632 dollars a year

your 265 dollars x 12 months is 3180 dollars a year

that is estimated where you are paying too much than what you are paying if you choosed the ultimate standalone.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Again, the $265 includes my VoCABLE phone bill and CATV service, not just Ultimate.

Ultimate alone is $100/mo, $1200 a year plus tax and whatever franchise fees Cox charges on standalone HSI. Your bonded setup is 30% more expensive (about $400 a year) than Ultimate.

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

said by skeechan:

Ultimate alone is $1200 a year plus tax and whatever franchise fees Cox charges on standalone HSI. Your bonded setup is 30% more expensive (about $400 a year) than Ultimate.

Well, the taxes does not included on my bill in kansas. yea, my bonded setup is sure more expensive but it is justified for jitter latency performance.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

A bonded Cox HSI connection doesn't improve jitter or latency. Whatever is within Cox's network that will cause latency on one of your Premiere plans will cause it on the other.

Meanwhile I see 6ms latency, I don't see how you are going to get better than that.

ikyuaoki
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

it is your option. i finds that jitter latency been improves the pressure of bandwidth pipes been eased by running the load balancing randomized that been added in the registry editor settings.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

3 edits

skeechan

Premium Member

It's not opinion. Your services are from the came company running through the same last mile, they're going to take the same routes. You aren't going to see any improvement in latency or jitter unless you have 2 DIFFERENT companies providing your service AND your load balancer somehow balances based on latency and jitter and not traffic like every other balancer does.

EDIT - I just rant a jitter test at Speedtest and had a jitter of 2ms and after testing again 1ms. And this is at 4:41PM local time while I'm running utorrent in the background. Bonded connections from the same provider doesn't help.

floridaguy
@cox.net

floridaguy

Anon

Skeechan is correct.