uniqs
Ryan818
join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

1 edit

Ryan818 to jhwee

to jhwee

Re: [Speed Issues] slow speed + reboots every night in Rosemead,

I know I am a considerable distance from your area in California but we are experiencing the same issues here in Southern Oregon. This has been going on for well over 3-4 months for us. My speeds are amazing up until around 6 PM then they drop to almost unusable speeds until almost midnight. I have notified Charter and they check my connections to the modem and say all is well. My signal and power levels are well within the norm for the modem too. It seems like this is a growing issue all along the west coast. It really sucks because when I want to use my internet connection to stream movies at night it is basically crippled. I hope they find some resolution to this problem very soon. As others have mentioned at the very least DSL is more stable. I will take stability over speed any day.

Here is a snapshot of my speeds as of 5:00 PM Pacific time.
»speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 4211.png

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Click for full size
Yup its a known issue. I don't know what these cats are doing. Maybe planning for a major upgrade? It usually takes 2-3 months to sort it out with them. Its extremely terrible between 7-9pm. Literally 2-4mb on the download side. Not sure what Charter done. But, I have never had this much of a problem lasting longer then usual. Pings and upload is always fine and acceptable. Only the download is bad.