All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bruce Lee
@electronicbox.net

Bruce Lee

Anon

[Asterisk] Carrier unreachable but I can ping it???

Hey there,

I have a very weird issue with asterisk. My carriers have become unreachable however I can ping them fine.

When I do sip show peers, it fails to register. I tried to put 'qualify=no' setting but it just refuses to connect.

Ekiga seems to register OK with the carrier if I connect directly.

I brought a new D-link N150 to the office.

What could be causing this and how do I start troubleshooting? T I know the internet is crap where I work but I would like to know how I can isolate the issue,

thanks
Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee

Anon

Just to say also that it just does that randomly at certain times of the day (and not consistently). Most of the time it works, but it is really unpredictable.
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

Check here might help.
Strange is every other recommendation was to disable SIP ALG but you can try both ways.

Bruce Lee
@electronicbox.net

Bruce Lee

Anon

I read more about the SIP ALG features

»www.voip-info.org/wiki/v ··· +SIP+ALG

But it makes little sense to me why would it break SIP only 20% of the time???
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

said by Bruce Lee :

why would it break SIP only 20% of the time???

In my experience, I have found that SIP ALG issues are extremely inconsistent. Everything works one minute (or day or week), then fails the next. I don't understand it, but I have experienced it.

Bruce Lee
@dsl4u.ca

Bruce Lee

Anon

Ok.

I now have a starting point. Each time ekiga bugs and I have to kill it, the carriers become unreachable.

I then have to go inside the router, restart SIP ALG services and then it becomes reachable again ( until ekiga bugs and some random port gets closed or whatnot)