uniqs
share rss forum feed

RonR

join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR
kudos:6

2 edits

Configuration Utility for OBi100/110/202

OBiCfg.exe is a Windows program intended to provide configuration assistance for OBi100, OBi110, and OBi202 devices. Dial plans are generated using North American Number Plan (NANP) rules.

The main window consists of a Phone panel (upper) and a Service Provider panel (lower).

Phone panel options include:

1. Available trunk(s)
2. Primary line trunk
3. Second dial tone
4. 911 trunk and optional redirect number
5. 411 trunk and optional redirect number
6. Auto Attendant (**0)
7. Configuration (***)
8. Ad Hoc Gateway (n*ddddddddddd)
9. Speed Dial
10. Redirection of international calls
11. Redirection of 11-digit calls
12. Redirection of 10-digit calls
13. Redirection of 7-digit calls
14. Redirection of toll free calls
15. Redirection of iNum calls
16. Redirection of SIP URI calls

Service Provider panel options include:

1. Service codes (x11)
2. User dialing rules
3. 11-digit dialing
4. 10-digit dialing (with option to add '1')
5. 7-digit dialing (with option to add area code and '1')
6. International (00/011) dialing
7. iNum dialing (8835100xxxxxxxx)
8. SIP URI dialing (with option for IP dialing)
9. Direct access to the LINE port (#)
10. Trusted callers
11. Incoming call routing and forking

Notes:

Changing the 'Device' setting resets all options to default values. Default values for the currently selected device may be reset by selecting Edit -> Defaults.

The Service Provider selected as the 'Primary Line' may not be disabled.

The 911/411 'Redirect To:' number must be a valid phone number.

The seven 'Redirect ... Calls To:' options pertain to numbers dialed without a service route access code (**n). The target trunk and Primary Line trunk must both support the applicable dialing format. Any transformations (7-Digit Dialing Add Area Code, 7-Digit Dialing Add '1', and Ten Digit Dialing Add '1') specifed by the target trunk will be performed.

User rules must be separated by a '|'. No validation is performed.

The 7-digit dialing 'Add Area Code' number must be a valid area code.

Trusted callers must be separated by a '|'. Numbers must be entered as they appear in the OBi Call History. Digit Map notation may also be used. No validation is performed. Trusted callers use the Auto Attendant.

Forked call destinations must be entered in TK format and separated by a "|". For example:

sp1(18005551212)|sp2(userid@192.168.1.175:5064)

A maximum of four destinations may be specified, including any selection of AA, PH1, and PH2.

Single Stage Dialing may use either the OBiTALK network or direct SIP-to-SIP communications. If a trunk other than OBiTALK is selected, that trunk must be configured for SIP. An OBi can be a client, a gateway, or both. An OBiON app can only be a client. On an OBi202, the gateway Primary Line is that of Phone Port 1.

An OBi serving as a gateway must have one or more clients listed in the 'From:' field, separated by a '|'. If the OBiTALK network is being used, clients are identified by their OBiTALK number. If SIP is being used, clients are identified by their SIP userid. For example:

OBiTALK:

SIP:

M, m, S, s, X, and x are reserved Digit Map characters and must be enclosed in single-quotes if they are part of a SIP userid.

An OBi participating as a client must have one or more gateway entries listed in the 'To:' field, separated by a '|'. Gateway entries consist of a gateway number (2-99), a '=', and a gateway. If the OBiTALK network is being used, gateways are identified by their OBiTALK number. A Speed Dial will be created for each OBiTALK gateway entry. If SIP is being used, gateways are identified by their hostname or IP address. Speed Dials are not created for SIP gateway entries. For example:

OBiTALK:
To: 2=200173590|3=200486255

SIP:
To: 2=mydomain.dyndns.org|3=192.168.1.175:5064

When dialing a number from a client, the call will be placed via the local OBi if dialed in the normal manner. For example:

18005551212 -> Local PrimaryLine
**1 18005551212 -> Local SP1 Service
**2 18005551212 -> Local SP2 Service
**8 18005551212 -> Local LINE Port
**9 200123456 -> Local OBiTALK Service

If a dialed number is prefixed with a gateway number followed by a '*', the call will be placed via the specified gateway. For example:

2*18005551212 -> OBi #2 PrimaryLine
2**1 18005551212 -> OBi #2 SP1 Service
2**2 18005551212 -> OBi #2 SP2 Service
2**8 18005551212 -> OBi #2 LINE Port
2**9 200123456 -> OBi #2 OBiTALK Service

3*18005551212 -> OBi #3 PrimaryLine
3**1 18005551212 -> OBi #3 SP1 Service
3**2 18005551212 -> OBi #3 SP2 Service
3**8 18005551212 -> OBi #3 LINE Port
3**9 200123456 -> OBi #3 OBiTALK Service

File -> Output XML File creates a file suitable for loading directly into an OBi using System Management -> Device Update -> Restore Configuration. This file can also be imported into the OBiTALK Web Portal. Only parameters generated by OBiCfg are altered.

File -> Output Text File creates a file that lists all parameters generated by OBiCfg. A 'Warnings' list is output at that bottom of the OBiCfg.txt file for any option requests that could not be performed.

OBiCfg configurations may be saved with File -> Export Configuration and restored with File -> Import Configuration.

If OBiCfg is executed with a command line option of a configuration filename (for example: OBiCfg.exe OBiCfg.cfg), the specified configuration file will be loaded at startup.

Nothing is installed and no modifications are made to Windows by running OBiCfg.exe.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
It's getting better and better
RonR See Profile, thank you for the update!
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

slow mo

join:2002-03-19
USA
reply to RonR
It makes me want to get an OBi to try it.

OZO
Premium
reply to RonR
RonR See Profile, I think it'd be nice to have an ability to open back XML configuration file, made by this program in previous session. It'd save my time and, more importantly, keep me away from potential typos and/or missed configuration options, set and tested earlier. Now, while making some quite complex configuration, I'm hesitant to close the program, because I'll loose what I have there
--

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
OZO,

I just updated OBiCfg to allow exporting and importing configurations. Configurations are saved in an OBiCfg.cfg file.

OZO
Premium
Thank you! It works.

Here is couple of related questions:

1. Why you don't allow to import XML configuration files? It'd be nice to be able to load my old backup file and see it within OBiCfg dialog box.

2. Do you have plans to include support for AccessNumber in gateways and custom digit maps? I've found it useful to use one of the gateways to route all toll-free calls via toll-free providers. And in order to do so, I use this XML fragment:
  <O>
    <N>VoiceService.1.X_VoiceGateway.1.</N>
    <P>
      <N>Enable</N>
      <V X_UseDefault="Yes"/>
    </P>
    <P>
      <N>Name</N>
      <V>Toll free</V>
    </P>
    <P>
      <N>AccessNumber</N>
      <V>sp2(tf.callwithus.com)</V>
    </P>
    <P>
      <N>DigitMap</N>
      <V X_UseDefault="Yes"/>
    </P>
    <P>
      <N>AuthUserID</N>
      <V X_UseDefault="Yes"/>
    </P>
  </O>

Note the AccessNumber value above. Then I include this code for PHONE Port:
    <P>
      <N>OutboundCallRoute</N>
      <V>{(Mtf):vg1}, ... ,{(Mpli):pli}</V>
    </P>

Where custom DigitMap 'tf' for that contains:
  <O>
    <N>UserDigitMap.5.</N>
    <P>
      <N>Label</N>
      <V>tf</V>
    </P>
    <P>
      <N>DigitMap</N>
      <Value>(&lt;1&gt;8(00|44|55|66|77|88)[2-9]xx xxxxS0|18(00|44|55|66|77|88)[2-9]xx xxxxS0)</Value>
    </P>
  </O>

--

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
said by OZO:

1. Why you don't allow to import XML configuration files? It'd be nice to be able to load my old backup file and see it within OBiCfg dialog box.

The XML output of OBiCfg is generated on the fly from all the configuration options selected. Trying to take a set of XML parameters and get back to the original options that created them is a much more difficult task and could lead to different results. Saving the exact options that created a particular configuration and XML file is the better avenue. OBiCfg ensures that you save your configuration upon exit, reset to defaults, changing devices, or Import Configuration so that you don't lose your work. Simply use the same name for the .xml and .cfg files and you're guaranteed they're in sync.

said by OZO:

2. Do you have plans to include support for AccessNumber in gateways and custom digit maps?

I believe what you want is already there. Simply put your toll free provider on VG3, VG4, VG6, or VG7. Then in OBiCfg, enable that VGn and select 'Redirect Toll Free Calls To: VGn'.

OZO
Premium
How to put toll free provider (e.g. sp2(tf.callwithus.com)) on VG3?

If I put it into VG3 | User Rules, it will be added to DigitMap for that gateway, not to its AccessNumber.
--

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
said by OZO:

How to put toll free provider (e.g. sp2(tf.callwithus.com)) on VG3?

OBiCfg doesn't provide support for entering service provider information (proxy server, userid, password, etc.) on SPn's or VGn's. Simply configure VG3's AccessNumber using the same method you use to configure SP1 and SP2. OBiCfg will automatically take care of all the DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute details when you enable VG3 in the first row of the upper panel and select 'Route Toll Free Calls To: VG3'.

OZO
Premium
I see. Thanks!

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
reply to RonR
1. OBiCfg has been updated to output Auto Attendant DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute parameters.

2. OBiCfg can now be executed with an optional configuration filename on its command line, in which case the specified configuration file will be loaded at startup.

OZO
Premium
Sweet Thank you, Ronald!

hortoristic

join:2006-03-13
Elma, WA
reply to RonR
Having trouble with tool.

1) went into local IP of OBI202 then System Management > Device Update > Backup

2) It creates an XML file

3) Then launched ObiCFG > File > Import Configuration and pointed to location of this XML file (I had to change filetype to ALL as it was defaulting to .CFG)

4) Sometimes APP then crashes, sometimes it looks like it works - but all the settings are showing no changes, like it didn't really import.

Running on Windows 7

OZO
Premium
I don't think, that OBiCfg supports import of backup files, created by OBi devices. It'd be quite useful feature, IMHO. See this post. Meantime try to import backup files, made by OBi in compact format. Set "Use OBi Version" option when you make backup files in OBi. May be it will help...
--

DaveN

join:2010-07-18
Santa Fe, NM
reply to RonR
RonR - This utility is a great tool - thank you for sharing it!

A thought for the next version if it happens - is it feasible to add blocking rules for specific area codes and/or international? I am looking at one case where bills are being run up during the owner's absence by others in the house. CWU & voip.ms are being used in this case so simply blocking a 011 prefix is not an option. Another situation involves blocking calls to international cellular numbers. I don't know if there is a universal pattern, but at least in calling Mexico, a "1" must be present after the country code and before the area code.

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
Why is there a problem with uncheking 'International Dialing'? That will prevent dialing numbers prefixed with 00 or 011.

Blocking certain area codes or country codes can be done with User Rules such as:

!(1?212xx.|1?714xx.|01144xx.)

WhyADuck
Premium
join:2003-03-05
kudos:1
reply to RonR
If you ever revise this you might want to think about adding support for the OBiBT Bluetooth device and for Trunk Groups as destinations. With an OBi202 and OBiBT you might want to set up a Trunk Group with a TrunkList defined as bt,sp1 and then make that Trunk List the destination for outgoing calls from one or both of the phone ports. That way, when you make an outgoing call it would try to send it over the cellular service first if that is available, otherwise it would send it out via whatever service is associated with SP1. There are four Trunk Groups available for use on an OBi202.

c_gadfly

join:2008-05-23
Toronto
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to RonR
Thanks for the config utility. I haven't used it myself yet, but it certainly looks useful. I'm hesitant to use the utility as I already have a working setup of SP1, SP2. Now, I only want to make minor additions, like adding SP3 for international calls.

Any plans for making a utility which inputs a phone number and based on your OBI's configuration, it debugs/illustrates which dial plan and service provider and route were used?

RonR

Ash Flat, AR
reply to RonR
An update has been posted:

»Configuration Utility for OBi100/110/200/202/300/302

The new version now supports OBi100/110/200/202/300/302 devices.

The new version also adds support for OBiBT (Bluetooth) adapters.