share rss forum feed

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to NormanS

Re: Copyright Alert System

@NormanS
I couldn't give you a nuts and bolts response to that question as I don't work in the ISP arena.

Nor am I a lawyer so I can't speak on the intent part of it.

I just have enough experience in the field that what they're claiming in the video is possible,
and it rather gets under my skin they're dressing this up as a "we're all one big happy family"
feelgood thing when it genuinely is a Big Brother / 1984 gong show.

Regards

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by HELLFIRE:

@NormanS
I couldn't give you a nuts and bolts response to that question as I don't work in the ISP arena.

Nor am I a lawyer so I can't speak on the intent part of it.

Let's just say that the ISP is capable of DPI, but will only use it to their own ends. Bob can usually offer them regulatory incentives to share (such as AT&T's "listening rooms"), but MAFIAA doesn't have the same leverage as Bob. So TLA snooping happens, but MAFIAA enforcement is done via third party complaints; meaning MAFIAA isn't, can't sniff your packets. Other than by joining torrents.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 recommendation

Bottom line here is those who already have done so switched to using a VPN with the OpenVPN client, others having read this will learn and end up using one. The rest are either oblivious or just don't care.

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

1 edit
This is what I dont understand why people are mostly worried about Google watching them what they download from the net.

Well, guess what...Its your ISP that knows everything what you do on the net. Period. And they have control over it, they can shut you down for life banning you forever from using a home internet.

Also, why can they just focus on the Big Fish. I mean seriously.
Lets put it this way, if a torrent site has all the pirated music and movies on that site, there the ones who should pay the price.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Because it's easier to go after the drug addict than the dealer, after consumer rather than big business, after Martha Stewart rather than Bernie Madoff with your money, or Enron. And the list goes on.

Then they can hold up those little fishies as examples to pretend they are doing their job to prevent fraud etc. to foster a safe and fair market.

Just like SEC = Scam Enabling Commission.
So too is this CAS a scam. Con Artists Scam.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation