Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 edit

Mele20

Premium Member

[FireFox] How do I get rid of this?

Click for full size
I've had Fx 17 ESR for a week now but just now for the first time, I can no longer see my list of tabs when I click on "list all tabs" at the bottom of the tab tree. This is a function of Tree Style Tabs extension but it has not updated so I think so setting in Fx 17 suddenly has taken over and is forcing PICTURES instead of a list. But it doesn't show but ONLY A FEW OF THE TABS. It is worthless JUNK. I need to see a LIST of ALL tabs like I have ever since I started using Fx back umpteen years ago.

How do I turn it off? I don't get PICTURES when I open a new tab though (thank goodness! I can read obviously Mozilla believes no one read anymore lhence the PICTURES instead). When I open a new tab, I still get a BLANK WHITE PAGE AS I SHOULD.

I can't find anywhere to turn off the pictures when I click on LIST all tabs and get pictures instead. I see where in about:config to turn off pictures all the time but I do get a blank page when I open a new tab so I don' think that is the correct setting.

(I should have not upgraded).

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

This should work although I don't run ESR versions.
»support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· op-sites
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

Click for full size
Thanks! i had already looked at that and didn't think was any of those.

I just now posted at Tree Style Tabs author's (Piro) forum at github. I was very lucky...he was online. I posted, went to the bathroom, came back and had a reply from him.

Upgrading messed up a bunch of my settings but at first everything seemed fine. Chachaz asked me how my upgrade experience was and I posted it was fine....but that was right after I upgraded. Now, a week later, I am seeing a lot of problems showing up.

It was this setting in about:config that upgrading changed to "true" that I had set to "false" in Fx 10. Note in my screenshot that Fx claims "true" was USER setting. NO WAY would I set it to show all tabs previews! Piro said to set it to "false". I did and now I have the text list of all tabs back. I didn't even have to restart Fx.