Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359 to chrismcpole

Premium Member

to chrismcpole

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

He is referring to ultimate, which is 10!

chrismcpole
@rogers.com

chrismcpole

Anon

ultimate who? how many people are insane enough to pay for it, 1-2% of the total client base? the only bell's offer that is comparable is the fiber 175 - 175 up and 175 down. Unlimited for 10 will not save rogers. if they don't increase upload speeds for money-making tiers such as express and extreme - they will see the floodgate open. and yes I have express
Viper359
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

I have ultimate, but I don't pay full price. I pay $49.99 plus tax, per month. I get 50% off, plus free modem. I don't have a single service that I pay Rogers anywhere near full price for.

Maybe for you, upload is an issue, but I doubt for the vast majority it is. If it comes down to speed, and I have to choose, I will take download over upload anyday.

Considering Bell's best offering right now for my area is 25/10, with 100 gigs of usage to my current 75/2 and 250 gigs, I am not even remotely thinking about switching to them. Add into that, at peak times in my house, internet bandwidth can easily hit 20-30Mbps, constantly for several hours. No thanks, my network cannot take a 1/3rd of the speed.

I seriously doubt your floodgates comment. If upload was that important, it would have already happened, and lets be honest, the vast majority of broadband users are clueless to how the internet works, or why. The just expect it to deliver their youtube cat videos quickly.

chrismcpole
@rogers.com

chrismcpole

Anon

With 50% discount ultimate will be 61 + tax... so either you're getting some other discounts or your math is a bit off Besides, rogers no longer does contracts, so your 2 year commitment will have to be renewed with 30% off max (no contract). And 50% discount is no longer in the system. And that is very bad. No longer leveraging them with commitment -- sucks. They can't lock you in, but you cant push them that much anymore.

As of upload - yes DL is important, but 10 up is really the lowest that should be offered by any provider.
Tuffcalc
join:2012-08-04

Tuffcalc to chrismcpole

to chrismcpole
said by chrismcpole :

ultimate who? how many people are insane enough to pay for it, 1-2% of the total client base? the only bell's offer that is comparable is the fiber 175 - 175 up and 175 down. Unlimited for 10 will not save rogers. if they don't increase upload speeds for money-making tiers such as express and extreme - they will see the floodgate open. and yes I have express

I'm insane enough to pay for ultimate... I'm one of the many where the fastest Bell speeds I can get is 5MBdown/1MBdown. Pretty useless.

Regular charges
Dec 09 - Jan 08 Usage Charge(1415GB@$0.50/GB) $707.50
Savings: $100 Maximum Usage Charge Adj $-607.50
Jan 09 - Feb 08 Hi-Speed Ultimate $122.99
Savings: 25% Off Internet 24 Mths $-30.75
Enhanced Home Gateway Rental $7.00
Savings: 25% Off Internet 24 Mths $-1.75
Tuffcalc

Tuffcalc

How are you all getting no modem rental fee and no contract? I signed up for ultimate about 3 months ago and the best I could do was 25% off on a 2-year contract. I have no other services with rogers at this location.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to Viper359

to Viper359
said by Viper359:

I seriously doubt your floodgates comment. If upload was that important, it would have already happened, and lets be honest, the vast majority of broadband users are clueless to how the internet works, or why. The just expect it to deliver their youtube cat videos quickly.

Well, with the migration to Cloud Storage and working from a home office, upload speed would be a critical cost/time factor to facilitate this growing trend.

Rogers lopsided asymetrical speeds are a hindrance/annoyance to anyone who uploads and contributes to the web on a regular basis.
Viper359
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

I agree with you on that, put it is as you said, a growing trend, which I am sure Rogers will eventually increase. Look how long it took them to give 10Mbps up. At my old address, so close to two years ago, I was in the beta group for 7Mbps. I call it a beta, but that is lose, as most people in my old area never knew they had it, unless they found out about it by accident using a speed test site. I do know that they were messing around with stuff back then. On two occasions we received calls from techs wanting to replace a modem on one, and check (ended up replacing a coax line) our residence on another. these were out of the blue calls, no issues reported to Rogers etc. Other neighbours reported the same sort of thing.
Viper359

Viper359 to chrismcpole

Premium Member

to chrismcpole
I am on the 75/2 which is $99.99, minus 50%, plus a $7.00 charge then a $7.00 credit for my modem. My math is fine, but thanks

Further, I am not on any two year commitment, and never have been. I have also received the 50% for many years, without issue, even when others have told me there is no code in the system. YMMV
Satya
join:2011-09-11
Mississauga, ON

Satya

how did u get this deal?