spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Michael9009

join:2006-07-28
Toronto, ON

Nexicom Usenet Very Slow - Any Idea What's Happening?

Hi,

Tonight I have tried to download something from Usenet (access through my provider, Nexicom) but the download speed has been extremely low. Although there are 20 connections open, the data transfer is only around 10 kB/sec or less. I haven't used Usenet in more than six months now but, last time when I did, the download was blazing fast.

Are there any problems with Usenet currently? Perhaps someone from Nexicom would know what is going on? What is to be done?

Thanks very much for your help.

pstewart
Premium,VIP
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON
kudos:2
Hmmm.. didn't hear of any recent issues. I just tried some downloads and maxxed out my home connection.

Can you post a traceroute to news.nexicom.net if it continues?

Paul

Michael9009

Toronto, ON
Hi Paul, thanks for your quick response. I need to do some more tests but the problem might have been related to one of the items I was trying to download.

Basically, I was trying to get two items. The first one started with that very low speed. So I left it on overnight. In the morning, the first item was still not downloaded and the client showed 'disconnected'. But, to my surprise, the second item did download fully.

I will do more tests tonight and will let you know. I hope it was just a false alarm.

Again, thank you for your quick feedback. Nexicom, like always, rocks!

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
That sounds like a DMCA removed item Michael9009, thats how astraweb acts for me though never takes all night to fail.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Michael9009

Toronto, ON
reply to pstewart
I tired to download something again tonight and it worked like a charm. So, as I mentioned, the issue was related to the item I was trying to get. Problem solved. Thank you.