how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HarryJWolf

join:2013-02-17
Benton, KY

Valor points

What are they for? I dont know how many i have but i noticed that i can buy pretty much anything that the vendor in sw has with them. Should i be spending them or saving them or what?

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Valor Pts are for upgrades for PVP and PVE armor. as for spending now i would just wait till march 5th when the conversion from VP to JP(Justice Points) due to new tier weaps/armor.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

There wll be no conversion this patch...

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to HarryJWolf

And no upgrading in 5.2 either.

There is a new faction coming in 5.2 that you can spend valor on.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to HarryJWolf

Unless you're 85 don't spend them in SW

you need rep in MoP to spend them and there are 2 locations.
shield wall (or horde equ)
and TLS in the back of the temple theres a VP QM that has all of the VP gear (I think short of the Shield wall gear)
--
»Death Star Petition

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

Although, Faldren Tillsdale in Stormwind is known as the Valor Quartermaster, he does not sell any items for Valor Points.
--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Deft

said by Deft:

Valor Pts are for upgrades for PVP and PVE armor. weaps/armor.

Right now you cannot spend Valor on PvP stuff,
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

djlar

You can buy conquest with valor, I wouldn't expend them this way though..

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

You cannot buy conquest with valor now they took it out.

xenograffiti

@unt.edu
reply to HarryJWolf

I read somewhere that you want at least 1200 VP going into 5.2 because there's a high ilvl item available from a vendor at the Isle of Thunder quest hub. Can't verify that atm, websensed.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 recommendation

reply to djlar

said by djlar:

You can buy conquest with valor, I wouldn't expend them this way though..

I wish!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to xenograffiti

said by xenograffiti :

I read somewhere that you want at least 1200 VP going into 5.2 because there's a high ilvl item available from a vendor at the Isle of Thunder quest hub. Can't verify that atm, websensed.

You'll need rep to buy the new VP gear, and if the past rep grinds of MOP area measure you aren't going to be buying any of the new VP gear for a week or 2.
--
»Death Star Petition

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY

I think there is one piece (either a ring or neck, I can't remember) that is available at neutral reputation.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by qualitybobby:

I think there is one piece (either a ring or neck, I can't remember) that is available at neutral reputation.

Likely a PTR bug. (IE don't count on it being there in live)
--
»Death Star Petition

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY

Probably so, but I think with trash counting up to Friendly, that plus 1 boss kill will get you at least one piece of valor gear. Two, if the neutral thing makes it to live.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Now will LFR count for rep?

and can you repeat LFR for the rep?

If so then get your guild battle standard ready, and a guildy or 2 (so you can be sure to get the 15% extra rep as much and often as possible.)

Then again they said there's 2 reps, one for raiders that unlocks the best VP gear and one for non-raiders that's via daily reps.
So the ring might be from the daily reps and you might want to save it for the raid rep VP gear.
--
»Death Star Petition

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

LFR will count for rep. Don't know about multiple kills per week, though.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
reply to DarkLogix

From what I understand, LFR WILL count for rep, but only for the first kill. If you get a boss kill in LFR, then you will NOT get the rep from the normal or heroic kill. Trash gives rep up until 2999/3000 neutral.

TL:DR Type of raid doesn't matter, any boss kill gives rep just the one time per week.

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

Then again they said there's 2 reps, one for raiders that unlocks the best VP gear and one for non-raiders that's via daily reps.
So the ring might be from the daily reps and you might want to save it for the raid rep VP gear.

There are two reps. Kirin Tor and Sunreaver offensives (obviously Alliance and Horde versions) for the dailies, and the other is the raid (new Shado-pan thing) rep. I believe the daily's rep give 476 gear, and the raid's reps give 497 gear.... but I am not 100% sure of that.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

497 is the current Ilvl, the new stuff is said to be over 500 ilvl
--
»Death Star Petition

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to qualitybobby

said by qualitybobby:

From what I understand, LFR WILL count for rep, but only for the first kill. If you get a boss kill in LFR, then you will NOT get the rep from the normal or heroic kill. Trash gives rep up until 2999/3000 neutral.

TL:DR Type of raid doesn't matter, any boss kill gives rep just the one time per week.

Ok so Guild banner for sure (to max the rep

BTW from previous rep grinds it is normally possible to get slightly over the kill type limits.

IE you're able to earn rep via said kill type so long as you're under then limit but if a given mob gives say 20 rep and you're 10 from the limit you still get 20 putting you just over the limit. (Found this with kirin tor (ICC) and BP.
--
»Death Star Petition

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
reply to HarryJWolf

I miss the days of ICC and farming trash for rep. Who's with me?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

I agree. I think it is fitting lore-wise that we build reputation via raid kills. I think the amount gained should reduce so that at Revered you only get +1 rep per trash kill... but boss kills should always grant phat rep.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

djlar

reply to eve

Well we did farm rep on Firelands, I think until honored you got rep from all trash, from honored to revered only the big adds and bosses, then from revered to exalted only bosses

xengraffiti

@unt.edu
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

said by qualitybobby:

Likely a PTR bug. (IE don't count on it being there in live)

There's an ilvl 522 neck at neutral rep. Of course it could be changed for live, but considering my current neck is 500 it's worth skipping that last 4 point gear upgrade.

HarryJWolf

join:2013-02-17
Benton, KY
reply to HarryJWolf

Ok since I am a total noob, i really dont know what most of you are talking about haha. How do you earn valor points? I have just turned level 70 (my first character ever). I haven't done any type of raids not even sure if i can at level 70. Also, how do you gain rep for places other than those that have the tabards and where should i start trying to get rep?

Braincramp

join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

The rep you will need to "grind" by doing dailies will start once you get to Pandaria zones. You will get rep for your quest turn ins while you are leveling and then once you hit level 90 you will start acquiring and being able to complete dailies for the different factions. Each daily grants you 5 valor points.

You can use the LFR system and be granted 90 valor for each section you complete(the first time and 45 each additional in a week). Your characters ilvl must be 460 to q for the first two and 470 for the remaining.

Also you will be granted 80 valor for the first random heroic(only have to have an ilvl of 435) you complete via the LFD tool each day. You will also be granted 40 valor for each additional LFD heroic you complete after the first one.

You have an option to complete scenarios as well, the first scenario of the day grants you 40 valor and 20 for each additional one for the day.

Other than that you are granted valor for killing bosses in max level raid groups.

Hope that helps you better understand the process for obtaining rep and valor in Pandaria.
--
Sunderella (Fury Warrior) Pride and Ego, Ravencrest(US)
Braincramp (BM Hunter) Pride and Ego, Ravencrest(US)
"Don't waste your life being negative all the time"

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to HarryJWolf

What Braincramp just said is accurate; that said, let me emphasize that you DO NOT need to even start worrying about valor points until your character hits L90. There are four main types of in-game currency that can be used to acquire gear:
Justice Points (JP) - used to acquire less powerful PvE gear
Valor Points (VP) - used to acquire more powerful PvE gear
Honor Points (HP) - used to acquire less powerful PvP gear
Conquest Points (CP) - used to acquire more powerful PvP gear
You can get JP from regular dungeons; VP from heroic dungeons/raids/Pandaria faction dailies/scenarios; HP from random battlegrounds; CP from Arena and rated battlegrounds. Before you hit level cap, you may occasionally get a few JP or HP from dungeons or random BGs; there are also occasional quests that may award a few HP or JP... but don't worry much about any of this stuff until L90.