uniqs
share rss forum feed

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to Caddyroger

Re: Need a cheap device for Internet use only

It will be used mostly in hotel using wifi or cable or what the hotel provides.. I just need to surf the web and emails. I would like to able to watch hulu or online programs
--
Caddy

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by Caddyroger:

It will be used mostly in hotel using wifi or cable or what the hotel provides.. I just need to surf the web and emails. I would like to able to watch hulu or online programs

Ok so device, not access.

I would bet you could pull that off with a nexus 7... just make sure to get a bluetooth keyboard so you can actually use it to edit email (the on screen keyboard eats up space).

with hulu you would need plus to let it work on a mobile device.

you can theoretically install flash player on it... and use firefox beta to access the flash plugin... but when I tried that on mine it was hit and miss... I haven't re-installed it since my last system reset. the flash plugin is not officially supported by adobe or google but there are some recent updates to it... you have to turn on "unknown sources" in security to get it to install.

Skyfire browser would let you get to some flash video.

that is in the $250 range then $30 for a BT keyboard..

you could also get a $400 laptop and have a full computer... »gizmodo.com/5986758/a-400-touchs···-the-day