spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yearg

@navcanada.ca

Warcraft latency

I just wanted to let people know who are thinking about switching to start in northern Ontario that if you are a wow player who is currently not experiencing massive latency in the evenings you might want to stay with your current isp. This isn't a start issue, it's a routing issue, this might be happening with cogeco as well, i don't honestly know, but the routing through cogentco (not cogeco) and at&t that i have with start has unbearable latency in the evenings for at least a month, and its only getting worse. I have asked and they say they can't route around it, depending upon your game server you might not have the same problem.

Otherwise the service has been really good, just not for my particular needs in recent weeks.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:22

Hi Yearg,

I can't seem to find the original traceroute you sent, but if I recall this was like 10 hops out of our network and likely an issue with your particular game servers upstream. We are very well connected with 4 different transit partners, dozens of private peer arrangements and also connected through TorIX which is about another 150+ networks.

If you want to send me the IP again I'd be happy to take another look, but we have lots of WoW gamers using our services with no problems.

Thanks.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Find a server without the lag convince your guild to xfer and move everyone there p:)
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Do a Google search for "TcpAckFrequency"
Or install "Leatrix Latency Fix"

Shadow_Dog

join:2013-01-10
reply to yearg

I think it might be an issue with cable in general. I've had Voice neworking (ex-Yak) DSL ~6/.8 and switching to Distributel Cable ~18/.5 has definitely brought my ping up little bit. What is the speed that you have?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Nitra

said by Nitra:

Don't do this!
Blizzard added this into the engine so people didn't need to play with settings which could screw with your entire system.

Hit Esc, System, Network, enable "Optimize Network for Speed"

Note this'll increase wow's monthly usage amount.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by resa1983:

said by Nitra:

Don't do this!
Blizzard added this into the engine so people didn't need to play with settings which could screw with your entire system.

It doesn't really screw with your entire system.
If you Telnet, you might notice an increase in latency, under normal operations in causes the buffers to empty faster thus improving latency.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by Nitra:

said by resa1983:

said by Nitra:

Don't do this!

It doesn't really screw with your entire system.
If you Telnet, you might notice an increase in latency, under normal operations in causes the buffers to empty faster thus improving latency.

It does affect your entire system. Blizzard's option however only affects WoW.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP