spc
uniqs
Tech121212
join:2013-01-10
Maple Ridge, BC

Tech121212 to ruiner3

to ruiner3

Re: Maple Ridge node saturation

I'm not running Vista, I'm running windows 7.
I'll post the malwarebytes log when I can. I have resetted it. I'll try the TCP later today as well. (If that applies to windows 7?)
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3

Yes it applies to 7 as well, here is a slightly different method (assuming you haven't turned UAC off): »support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

When you say you did a factory reset, you mean you stuck something in the small hole probably at the back of the router and held the button down? Depending on the router you may need to pull the power while you're holding the button down and after you plug the power back in for 30 secs or so.

Scuba, Shaw likes to use modem/router combos these days and it sounds like he has one but he has never confirmed.

So you would need to phone Shaw to bridge the modem and test with just one computer plugged in. When done, phone Shaw back and ask them to turn off bridge mode. Pain in the ass but if nothing else works you could give that a shot.
Tech121212
join:2013-01-10
Maple Ridge, BC

Tech121212

@Ruiner:

That is correct, I've done a factory reset once already, but haven't done the idea you've suggested to pull out the plug after I have pressed the little button on the back.

I indeed have a router/modem combo.
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3

Supposedly the generic recommended procedure is to push the button, wait around 30 sec, pull the power and wait again, then plug it back in and wait before releasing the button.

That's to cover all bases I guess, so if Cisco recommends something else for the model you have then what they say should work fine.