uniqs

Faster56
Premium Member
join:2013-03-09

Faster56 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: IE reborn: Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7

Just an update as I got IE as soon as it was available for Win 7.

So far it has worked flawlessly without any issues. I am pretty mainstream average traditional home users as far as what I use my browser and access to the Internet.

There are several advantageous for IE 10 compared to various older versions but for me the main plain and simple feature I like about IE 10 is that it is certainly the fastest of the IE family of browsers.

I know that is small feature for most but I'm one of those people that like things to happen fast in devices when I "activate" or do something to get a response from the software or device I'm dealing with.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to Mele20

to Mele20
quote:
I think anyone with Windows 7 who has not already done the IE 10 upgrade should WAIT.
Why?
(Recently did a fresh install of Win7, & then put in IE10. At this point, it is not too late to "do it once more", without.)
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by therube:

quote:
I think anyone with Windows 7 who has not already done the IE 10 upgrade should WAIT.
Why?
(Recently did a fresh install of Win7, & then put in IE10. At this point, it is not too late to "do it once more", without.)

Some people have had issues with the Platform Update that is a pre-req for IE 10. If you have no issues, then don't worry about it.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20 to therube

Premium Member

to therube
said by therube:

quote:
Why?

I didn't say people who did it with no problems should undo it. I merely said that the risks are so high for SERIOUS problems that Microsoft is going to announce FREE support for those having problems. A PRUDENT person who has not yet gotten it would wait. That's all.
cohjef2
join:2002-12-15
Kansas City, MO

cohjef2 to beck

to beck
Re. the scroll bars: I agree with you. They are hard to locate and slow me down. When a change is made to a standard, long-used feature, it should be an improvement, not a step backward. After decades, many MS products still have this fundamental lesson to learn.