join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

14 dirty IT tricks, security pros edition

»www.networkworld.com/news/2013/0···042.html

"The IT security world is full of charlatans and wannabes. And all of us have been 'advised' by at least one of them.

All you want in an IT security consultant is expertise, unbiased advice, and experienced recommendations at a reasonable price. But with some, you get much more than you bargained for..."
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

Terrific post, antdude. I've met up with these guys ...

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to antdude
Good article. I am sending it on to my son who is looking for or just hired an IT for his business.

Thanh

join:2001-09-25
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to antdude
It is an interesting read but as a security professional, I don't see how it applies to what we do. It is a list of dirty tricks used by sales people and consultants in every field. There's nothing specific to information security in that list.

And the list could go the other way around. I've been involved in countless cases where we have to fix an organization security posture and when we ask questions, all the responses we get are blatant lies.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to antdude
@Thanh
Agree, but this takes me back to one of the first IT job related interviews I ever did. Question was "what do you
think is needed to succeed in this business?" Admittedly, I was stumped. The interviewer's response was
"honesty and integrity."

I've taken that response to heart since.

Just my 00000010bits

Regards