uniqs

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7 to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain

Re: OT - Pubgames Weekend Open Thread

So, has anybody seen any good movies lately?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

said by Jim7:

So, has anybody seen any good movies lately?

Well, my seven year old just got into Harry Potter. I never watched past the first two movies before. Now I've seen them all. Thought they were pretty good. She is currently working on the first book, but it's a bit tough for her. We work on reading it together before bedtime.

Can't think of anything really good that I've seen lately. I pretty much watch Wicked Tuna and Walking Dead. I even gave up on Justified. Not much time for tv watching these days.

Jim7
Premium Member

Jim7

Premium Member

TV is overrated.

We watched Argo and Skyfall this past weekend. Neither of us had seen Argo although I knew the story and the outcome (although trying to act stoic, Affleck just seemed bored to me).
Skyfall was pretty good. L had seen it already and she feel asleep (worked the night before). I thought it was OK.

With the two girls grown with families of their own, we're pretty free to do whatever we want with what little free time we have.

Was that too much information?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

It was a bit much.

And I haven't seen anything new that's nice, other than House of Cards.

With what little time we do have of late, we have been going through the Babylon 5 series... (On the last season now. )

Jim7
Premium Member

Jim7

Premium Member

That reminds me. I got the 2nd season of Game of Thrones as a gift recently. Haven't even opened it.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

It's worth watching. I enjoyed the books (ones he wrote so far), and I enjoy the series.

Jim7
Premium Member

Jim7

Premium Member

I agree. I've read them all. Seldom if ever a dull moment.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

So, daughters huh? I have all girls as well. One is heading to college, and the other two are early grade school. Tell me things slow down at some point. Please......

Jim7
Premium Member

Jim7

Premium Member

Sorry. I'm not going to lie to you.

Grandchildren is where it's at.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

My family needs boys. If my girls end up having even more girls, I'm going on strike.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Chaplain:

My family needs boys. If my girls end up having even more girls, I'm going on strike.

You could always yell at your "lads", but then your wife and/or daughters might give you queer looks.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I got lucky with the third one being a boy. I warned my wife if that one didn't have outdoor plumbing I was moving out of state.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Congrats on putting the stem on the apple. Apparently I just never figured that part out.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

The kids part is still ahead of me (not for long from the looks of it though, I'm constantly getting reminders and hints of late...)

But as much as girls are cool and I would love to have one... I'll be silently hoping that it's nothing but boys.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Here's to hoping!

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
Statistically, once you make two consecutive girls, it's like a 90% chance of getting nothing but from that point on. I just lucked out.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Prevailer:

Statistically, once you make two consecutive girls, it's like a 90% chance of getting nothing but from that point on. I just lucked out.

This was my experience as well 2 girls (8 and 6) then on the last try a boy (2).