All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

Does the Extreme HD package still include Showtime?

I'm thinking of downgrading from Ultimate HD back to Extreme HD since I really don't watch any premium channels other than Showtime. Can someone confirm that Extreme HD still includes Showtime?
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

I do not believe it does..
»www22.verizon.com/home/f ··· v/#plans

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
It depends on the area. When I renewed Extreme a few months ago, I was told that Showtime, TMC and HBO came with it. I have not been charged extra for them, they are part of my Extreme package in New York.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

2 edits

bohratom to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

Can someone confirm that Extreme HD still includes Showtime?

Im in Central Jersey near the shore and the ExtremeHD plan has both Showtime and HBO included (HBO was added afew months ago) for new customers or current customers that choose one of the newer plans that has quantum internet.
whsbuss
join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

whsbuss

I'm in VH08 and Extreme does not include Showtime. Ultimate does but HBO has never been offered as part of a package, just extra.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

It sucks that verizon continues to give new yorkers a break,they think they are special. they should have the same packages for EVERYBODY!!!! like directv does.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Sorry, it's called intense competition in the NY DMA....

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by nycdave:

Well, not exactly true since...

A) Not ALL municipalities where FiOS TV is available in the NY DMA offer Cablevision/Optimum, the real (or maybe somewhat perceived) "intense" competitor, yet everyone gets the special perks....even if Comcast or Time Warner is the local cable company.

B) Cablevision/Optimum competes directly and just as intensely with Verizon in certain areas that fall just outside of the NY DMA (Robbinsville, NJ and Hamilton, NJ, for example) and the unlucky Verizon customers there do NOT get the special NY pricing and bundles. TOTALLY unfair.

nycnyx
@verizon.net

nycnyx

Anon

said by Steely:

said by nycdave:

Well, not exactly true since...

A) Not ALL municipalities where FiOS TV is available in the NY DMA offer Cablevision/Optimum, the real (or maybe somewhat perceived) "intense" competitor, yet everyone gets the special perks....even if Comcast or Time Warner is the local cable company.

B) Cablevision/Optimum competes directly and just as intensely with Verizon in certain areas that fall just outside of the NY DMA (Robbinsville, NJ and Hamilton, NJ, for example) and the unlucky Verizon customers there do NOT get the special NY pricing and bundles. TOTALLY unfair.

im in nyc and get a break on fios prices but i pay more for gas, rent, food. tell me what is fair?
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

Wages are also higher in New York too.

I am not sure I agree with Fios having a different price structure for each area they serve. Especially since in the Phila area, we have a lot less channels then NY but have to pay more for the service.

Stevexbeef
@hchcweb.org

Stevexbeef to ansky

Anon

to ansky
I just switched my bundle from Ultimate to Extreme yesterday and upgraded the internet to Quantum 50/25. Showtime and HBO were included in the bundle price. Total for TV internet and phone was 124.99 (with one bill). I live on Long Island. My previous price for the Ultimate bundle with 25/25 was 139.99 (without one bill). So basically, I saved $5/month to get less channels which I almost never watched (starz, epix, cinemax) and faster internet (50/25) which I use every day. I wasn't willing to part with HBO or Showtime because of the shows so this was the best option.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Switching to that package, does it affect losing say your Free DVR credit for Life or your preferred customer credit?

I currently have Extreme HD from a few years ago, no contract, 35/35, and above discounts. I only get Showtime though with my current package.

Not sure if I want to lose the "no contract" though.
frankpf3

frankpf3

Actually I just found the web site lies about your current rate. Says my current rate is $119.99 but actually it is $109.99.

it doesn't reflect the $10.00 ONE-BILL discount.

The new Extreme package would actually cost me $124.99, a $15.00 jump, but the myverizon shows it as a $5.00 jump.

Gee, wonder if that is done on purpose. Quite Deceptive.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by frankpf3:

Actually I just found the web site lies about your current rate. Says my current rate is $119.99 but actually it is $109.99.

it doesn't reflect the $10.00 ONE-BILL discount.

The new Extreme package would actually cost me $124.99, a $15.00 jump, but the myverizon shows it as a $5.00 jump.

Gee, wonder if that is done on purpose. Quite Deceptive.

I'm not sure if this is deceptive in a technical sense. The page is showing package prices, not package prices including your current discounts not related to the package itself. Mine correctly reflects my current bundle price (which includes bundle discounts). I have no non-bundle discounts like ONE-BILL as you do. If the page was truly complete a complete accounting of options, it would show all discounts, not just those included in the bundle, and make it clear if you have current bundle discounts and/or other discounts and what they are. IMHO.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

I think it's deceptive. They succesfully show you the ONE-BILL discount on the new bundle price, but it is missing from your current bundle price.

Thus for anyone thinking they are getting the new bundle for a smaller increase, when they get their new bill, shock sets in.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Stevexbeef

to Stevexbeef
said by Stevexbeef :

I just switched my bundle from Ultimate to Extreme yesterday and upgraded the internet to Quantum 50/25. Showtime and HBO were included in the bundle price. Total for TV internet and phone was 124.99 (with one bill). I live on Long Island. My previous price for the Ultimate bundle with 25/25 was 139.99 (without one bill). So basically, I saved $5/month to get less channels which I almost never watched (starz, epix, cinemax) and faster internet (50/25) which I use every day. I wasn't willing to part with HBO or Showtime because of the shows so this was the best option.

I called yesterday and they made me the exact same offer. It was only a $15 savings so I decided to just stick with Ultimate. I'm currently on 35/35 internet and they told me that is no longer available in my area, and that I would have to "upgrade" to 50/25. That's how they get you to spend more money. You may save on the TV plan by downgrading, but since you are required to "upgrade" the internet you pay more there, so the net savings is not as great as it should be. Besides, I'm on the 35/35 plan and using wireless I never get speeds more than 20/20, so upgrading to 50/25 will make no difference to me.

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler

Anon

A friend of mine renewed his Extreme package contract Dec 18 of last year. He also went from 15/5 to 50/25 Internet.

I never knew what package he had, but he said that he NEVER receieved ANY Premium channels wih his package. I thought that strange bc Prime even comes with Showtime where we are , I believe.

I said that you Def should get Showtime and HBO, bc you have Extreme. He called and they said it does not come with his package. He would have to pay 40 bucks for the movie package.

I say wtf!

So , I am asking the kind people on here : is there anything I , or one of you can do, or tell me to tell him to do... So he gets what he should ? Vis a Vis the Showtime and HBO channels?

I really hate being not able to help hm at all.

Thank You Very Much.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by WebCobbler :

A friend of mine renewed his Extreme package contract Dec 18 of last year. He also went from 15/5 to 50/25 Internet.

I never knew what package he had, but he said that he NEVER receieved ANY Premium channels wih his package. I thought that strange bc Prime even comes with Showtime where we are , I believe.

I said that you Def should get Showtime and HBO, bc you have Extreme. He called and they said it does not come with his package. He would have to pay 40 bucks for the movie package.

I say wtf!

So , I am asking the kind people on here : is there anything I , or one of you can do, or tell me to tell him to do... So he gets what he should ? Vis a Vis the Showtime and HBO channels?

I really hate being not able to help hm at all.

Thank You Very Much.

Why do you think your friend should get something that is not included in his package? In my area Extreme has never had any premium channels included with it, and apparently the package that was offered in your area when your friend renewed did not have any either. Packages change all the time, and what may have been included before may not be now. And if you make a change, you may lose a freebie you might have had with the old package -- because you only had it because you were grand-fathered in the old package.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Right, it also depends on where he lives. That package is not available all over

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler to PJL

Anon

to PJL
Where we live this def is included , but he is not getting these channels. Maybe i should tell him to call another csr.

Where we are, Prime includes Showtime. Extreme with that and HBO. Ultimate gets everything.

Look at previous posts... Others have gotten this deal bc it is included in our area. He is not bc idk why.

IMO, you don't have to be so negative. I asked for the kind people on here to help.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

What is your friends zip code?

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler

Anon

We live in the same place as bohratum. Read his post. Extreme def includes Showtime and HBO. ESP so bc he has 50/25 Internet.

So idk why he can't ( according to the rep he talked to ) , get Showtime and HBO.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Does he have a triple play package? Does he have phone? Does he have a month to month package? Do you know what exactly he has and when it was taken out? There's many variables. He may have agreed to something else instead of the other channels.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler

Anon

I don't know all details , but he does have tv and Internet for certain. He has a 2 year contract that he just resigned and up'd his speed to 50/25 from 15/5.

I believe Dec 18th was when his contract was up, and he resigned. I always assumed he always had those premium channels.

All I know is he has the latest Extreme package ( not the 2010 ) but doesn't have Showtime and HBO.

He's paying 115.00 a month
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Webcobbler :

I don't know all details , but he does have tv and Internet for certain. He has a 2 year contract that he just resigned and up'd his speed to 50/25 from 15/5.

I believe Dec 18th was when his contract was up, and he resigned. I always assumed he always had those premium channels.

All I know is he has the latest Extreme package ( not the 2010 ) but doesn't have Showtime and HBO.

He's paying 115.00 a month

Can you please provide the zip code so we can research this? Maybe then we could help you.

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler

Anon

His zip code

PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Your friend should be getting Showtime and HBO if the package they signed up for on December 18th is the same as today (which I may be) because the channel listing for their zip code (all locations) says that HBO and Showtime are in fact "Included in TV bundle" for everything but select, as you said. Instead of calling, he should do a chat session and first ask the agent and:
1) Confirm that he doesn't have the Select package
2) Confirm that the system shows he has a bundle that includes phone/and or Internet (if the system doesn't show a bundle than this is the issue)
3. Assuming all is confirmed to be correct, point the CSR to the page »www22.verizon.com/home/f ··· channels and have the chat person lookup what it says for his zip code and specific location.

I'll try to pass this problem onto my contact in Verizon and see what advice they have. No promises of any help though .

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler

Anon

I was on a call yesterday and they still said that it was not availiable. The CSR logic was: his neighbor might get this et etc, but every customer is different. Etc etc.

I even referred her to the site, which you have in your post. After I did so, she hung up on me. I did not call back. That was after 45 mins of transfers.

Anyway,

I will tell him to chat online with a rep and ask the points you have said in your latest post, PJL.

Thank You for you help, and I truly appreciate that you will try to talk with your contact.

Just let me know of any updates etc.

Once again, I appreciate any help you can give.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL

WebCobbler, the CSR that hung up on you should be fired. I also suggest you make a post on the actual Verizon forum »forums.verizon.com/t5/Fi ··· /FiOS_TV. They monitor that one and it might help. I'll send you a private message with a recommended text.

EDIT: WebCobbler I can't send you a message because you show as an anonymous poster. So here is the draft:

I have the Extreme package and live in zip code 07724 with an Internet and Phone bundle. The Verizon online channel guide says that I should get Showtime and HBO as part of my bundle, but I'm not getting it and having difficulty getting Verizon to correct this issue. A CSR even hung up when I told them about what the web site says. Any thoughts? Verizon, can you assist?

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler

Anon

Thank you PJL,

I will use that as a template. Yes, I am an anonymous user on this site, because I do not wish to pay (as far as I know) to be a user. I do not know te deals or benefits on becoming a member.

Anyhow, I will post this on the site.

Thank You again.