how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thorne

@cogentco.com

[DSL] Am Really feeling screwed over by TS

First some background.

I've had TS DSL on my Bell Phone line for ~5 years.

In 2011 I cancelled the phone line from Bell and notified TS that I had made the change. At the time no service disruption occurred and I moved on with life, at no time did TS change my account or charge me for anything (including the dry loop)

Fast forward to today, Bell discovered that I still had a line card and pulled it killing my DSL. After troubleshooting the issue TS has informed me that I must pay 80$ + the month of service that I lost (130$ total) and just to re-enable my service.

Now I understand that since a tech is required there is a fee for that.

The notion that I must pay for a month of service I didn't receive because "I made a change" is leaving a bad taste in my mouth... as is the TS SOP of 'Blame Bell and pass the buck'...

The thing that is really bothering me though is the lack of follow up... I told TS about the cancelled phone line 15 months ago and from my POV it was a waste of breath since apparently TS did nothing by way of following up with Bell to get the line re-provisioned correctly at the time.

At this point if there was a decent alternative I'd likely jump ship because even though I've spent a great deal of time promoting TS to my friends/family/clients the lack of professionalism on the part of TS dealing with this matter leaves me with little to no faith in TS.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2

How I see it ...

You should enjoy the delayed dry-loop activation fee and the fact you did not pay the dry-loop fees for so long instead of complaining ...

Not sure what month of service you lost you are talking about

My 2c

TSI Danielle
Premium
join:2012-05-31
kudos:11
reply to Thorne

Hi Thorne,

I apologize for the lack of follow up by us after you notified us of the cancellation of your phone line. I can certainly look into this issue and see what we can do to make this experience better.

Can you please post to »TekSavvy Direct and give me your account information and we'll go from there? I'd like to pull some calls and get this situation fixed for you.

Thanks,
Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to MFido

said by MFido:

How I see it ...

You should enjoy the delayed dry-loop activation fee and the fact you did not pay the dry-loop fees for so long instead of complaining ...

Oh dear, thank the lord that he saved 7$... because not being charged for something means you're free game for a random mistreatment later...

how I see it, you have horrible logic...

OP: as I see it , the 80$ charge is what is in excess, not the month of service. I don't see how you should have to pay to be reconnected (unless this is how bell operates when people cancel their homephone...)

MFido

1 edit

When a cx change from wet DSL to dry-dsl they have to pay the dry-loop install fee ...for the 6M is $50 + $19.99 + taxes = $79 ...almost $80 More clear now?

Also, it is (minimum) bandrate A = $7.25 * 15 months + taxes = $123 savings for the customer..

Pls let me know where I am wrong with my logic

And where is the mistreatment?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by MFido:

When a cx change from wet DSL to dry-dsl they have to pay the dry-loop install fee ...for the 6M is $50 + $19.99 + taxes = $79 ...almost $80 More clear now?

Also, it is (minimum) bandrate A = $7.25 * 15 months + taxes = $123 savings for the customer..

Pls let me know where I am wrong with my logic

And where is the mistreatment?

You're logic's not wrong but its being applied inappropriately. The customer never asked for TSI to hoodwink Bell out of dry look fees. He called TSI to let them know he was cancelling his POTS service. Maybe there was miscommunication there when he informed (I don't know), but the CSR the spoke to should have inquired if he would need to change to dry loop and made the necessary changes to his account.

I'm pretty sure he'd have appreciated not having the $7~ savings per month over being disconnected from his internet and having to pay large upfront fees now to get reconnected.

TSI erred here with that and he is right in feeling neglected, he did everything right to ensure he'd continue to have service.

Although, when you received the first bill Thorne after cancelling your Bell POTS and noticed there was no new dry loop fee (or you noticed no new increase to your monthly bill), you probably shouldve phoned in to TSI to that corrected. It shouldn't be your responsibility but it would've avoided this mishap if you had reported it sometime in the last 15 months.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to Thorne

I don't like your choice of wording. Just because someone gets something for free by mistake, it doesn't mean "they should be happy" or "they have a karma debt" or some sort. That kind of reasoning makes me fume.

I don't know who's right and wrong in terms of how charges should be applied but it really irritates me when someone tries to do math in situations like this to justify something.

If TSI or the customer made a mistake but not following up, then that's it. There's no need to equate or "be happy" about anything.

It's like saying "well, I bought some apples on a great sale last week, so it's okay to pay 5$ for an apple this week". Or, the reverse, I won some free gas, let me gun it at every stop sign."

EDIT: your logic isn't wrong. The math adds up. I said it was horrible, not wrong :P

MFido

reply to TypeS

I agree 100% with you that Teksavvy should do the change properly 15 months ago, no issues with this

This will imply customer paying ANYHOW the the upfront fees for the dry-loop activation + the 15 months of dry-loop fees, so here I do not see where the complain is as the customer will pay only now the activation fee (if he decide to stay with Tek).

And more or less he would lose the internet for few days anyhow IF he would not order the dry-loop as a 2nd service on the 2nd pair (IF the second pair was available).

And I agree with the OP to be pissed off ... I just wanted to see it from another angle (cost savings) as well.

TypeS, thanks for agreeing with me that my logic is not wrong

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Thorne

Hi Thorne,

I am really surprised that we did not action this when you advised us of the change. This doesn't sound like us at all but we are human and we do make mistakes.

Regardless of all of this, if you are changing from Wet to Dry Loop, there is an activation fee but you should have to re-pay the entire month of service. We typically take what you have already paid for service and move it over. We simply charge the difference which is the activation fee and the monthly band rate.

Can you please action what Danielle sent you which is to provide us your info in the direct forum? Once we have this, we will do the following for you...

Make sure that you are not charged for another month of service as we should be carrying that over... You may need to pay the activation fee and band rate for dry loop though... The only instance I could see a monthly fee payment being required is if your billing date was due when the order was paid.

If I can find a record that you notified us of the change back then, I will waive the activation fee completely as I do not believe there was a service activation fee back then (there still may be a dry loop activation fee though ($20).

Lets see what we can do.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

MFido

reply to Cloneman

said by Cloneman:

I don't like your choice of wording.

your logic isn't wrong. The math adds up. I said it was horrible, not wrong :P

I agree with your comments ... I should have worded my comment more carefully ... I do apologize for this aspect

Andre offered to help so I think this will help as well

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Hi Thorne,

I am really surprised that we did not action this when you advised us of the change. This doesn't sound like us at all but we are human and we do make mistakes.

Regardless of all of this, if you are changing from Wet to Dry Loop, there is an activation fee but you should have to re-pay the entire month of service. We typically take what you have already paid for service and move it over. We simply charge the difference which is the activation fee and the monthly band rate.

Can you please action what Danielle sent you which is to provide us your info in the direct forum? Once we have this, we will do the following for you...

Make sure that you are not charged for another month of service as we should be carrying that over... You may need to pay the activation fee and band rate for dry loop though... The only instance I could see a monthly fee payment being required is if your billing date was due when the order was paid.

If I can find a record that you notified us of the change back then, I will waive the activation fee completely as I do not believe there was a service activation fee back then (there still may be a dry loop activation fee though ($20).

Lets see what we can do.

Cheers,

Andre

There was no dry loop activation fee back then as far as I remember... but either way it side steps the issue: TSI needs to work with Bhell (or CRTC) to be able to waive or pro-rate fees related to Bhell screw ups.

If Bhell disconnects me at random or because I make a change or changes the profile on my account without permission, I'm certainly not paying another activation fee or for the service days that I wasn't getting what I paid for. TSI shouldn't be the one to eat the costs or the bad PR when it's Bhell's fault.

Thorne

@cogentco.com
reply to Thorne

I would have rather paid the dryloop fees then suffer the glaring incompetence of TS. Presumably since TS wasn't paying the fee there was no 'motivation' for them to do anything regardless of my actions.

@TSI Danielle: I appreciate the offer but I had both Tamela and Nick on the phone and neither could (would) do anything for me... I'm not certain you're in a position to do better.

@TSI Marc: Many moons ago you and I had a phone chat to resolve some of the issues I was having at that time... (PS congrats on the promotion)

The Month I'm talking about is the time it took for me to 1.) realize my service was down 2.) perform all the modem diagnostics required by TS before they'd send a tech 3.)the time the tech took to discover the missing line card 4.) The time it took me to accept I was going to have to bend over and take it before I got service again.

I still have no service, but have started getting automated 'Pay us or we cancel you' emails... In anticipation I had Tamela add a note that simply states I wouldn't be paying a thing to TS if they 'auto cancelled' me before my service restarted.

In a nutshell I'm disappointed that TS didn't chase after Bell to make all of these changes at the time they (TS) were notified (By ME) rather then just letting things roll till Bell did something on their own. Lazyness is not an attractive quality, neither is an unwillingness to accept responsibility.

TSI Danielle
Premium

Hi Thorne,

Yes I can do something, so if you could post in the direct forum, I've been discussing the issue with Andre and with some information I can help the issue.

Thanks.
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Thorne

said by Thorne :

@TSI Danielle: I appreciate the offer but I had both Tamela and Nick on the phone and neither could (would) do anything for me... I'm not certain you're in a position to do better.

Long time posters including myself will / can confirm that indeed TSI Danielle is definately one of several TSI employees on this board that can and will help you. Take the plunge! Do let us know how it goes (good or bad).

(You've been vouched for.... Don't fail us now Danielle!)

Thorne

@cogentco.com
reply to TSI Danielle

@TSI Danielle

I can only get access to this forum from work.. I can't really work with you during the day..

Are you in the Office tomorrow? I'm taking the day off (for the tech visit) and can call in to discuss this with you.

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Thorne

I've posted this elsewhere but why is ElectronicBox able to waive the dryloop fees but Teksavvy still has them?

ElectonicBox 100% does not absorb the fees as they are way too small and I read on another site back in January that Bell was offering this as a promo to iisp's.

That site could be wrong but doesn't explain how Ebox can offer it

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON

Just wondering if maybe we can keep this in open thread. Lot's of requests to have it moved to TSI Direct. Seems fishy..maybe not wh knows but At the very least post any sensitive information in TSI Direct and then keep us all up to date on the outcome/progress. This is a time where I will say that if the proper steps were not taken by TSI then a credit for the down time and maybe 1 month of free service (not including monthly dryloop fee) might be a good resolution due to the service being disconnected. Also if you made the request before dryloop activation fees were in place then you should be off the hook for dryloop activation. However if you were not exempt from the activation fee then I think paying the activation now and starting the dryloop monthly fee right away would be best. No TSI based re-connection charges though. Just my opinion.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

1 recommendation

reply to Thorne

I disagree with all of you, if someone dropped the ball, why should the user pay? You can be rest assured if Thorne(or anyone) dropped the ball on a payment to any company, they'd be all over him like a wet rag.

Years ago when I switched from Cable to Satellite, Rogers failed to disconnect my cable service. too bad too sad. I had free cable (though I was paying for satellite service)for years,cable was much more convenient for recording to my VCR at the time.

Using the logic presented here, I should repay Rogers for all that "free' service i got.

The whole "dry loop" activation fee is a load of crap too, how the hell does one justify 80 bucks for programming a phone number into a computer to route DSL to Throne's place of abode?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Thorne

@cogentco.com

said by elwoodblues:

The whole "dry loop" activation fee is a load of crap too, how the hell does one justify 80 bucks for programming a phone number into a computer to route DSL to Thorne's place of abode?

In my case it does require a physical line card to be installed... I'd would have been nice if the bell tech who went down to pull the "Wet" card out put a "Dry" one in at the same time... but that didn't happen... Paying for the Tech's time is justifiable IMO.

rogerstv

@teksavvy.com

Since you're down, why not signup somewhere else and avoid the reconnect and back dryloop fee's. For all we know it's Bell that dropped the ball. Run....Run....

TSI Danielle
Premium
reply to Thorne

Thorne,

I can call you tomorrow either during the afternoon at work or at home in the evening, your choice. If you could message me your phone number we'll go from there. I'm not able to message you, since you're on an anonymous profile.

Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Thorne

@teksavvy.com
reply to graniterock

@Graniterock... Your faith is not misplaced.

Tsi Danielle and have finally managed to chat and we've resolved my issues.

I'd be nice not to have to jump through all the hoops to get to someone willing to do more than just spout the party line but in the end TS has done the right thing.

Thanks to all the kind TS folks Tamela, Nick, Danielle.. and to all the participants of this thread.

TSI Danielle
Premium

Glad we were able to chat, Thorne and I was able to get things resolved for you. Thanks for working with me to get that done.

@graniterock Thanks for the endorsement. It made my day. =)

Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

This thread and others like it that pop up now and the brings up an interesting observation.

Most DSLr members or readers that stay silent but use the Direct forums, have no issue using the Direct Forum for opening tickets. But people that call first, get nowhere and then learn about the Direct Support Forum here on DSLr are sometimes left wondering why they had try twice or more to get a resolution. Or as Thorne put it, jumping through so many hoops.

Is there that much of a difference with tech support between the call center and the DLSr approved reps? I haven't personally experienced it, but we've all read the posts with the different results. Maybe something Marc needs to look into? I realize there are always going to be irate customers, but that can't always be the case.

Glad to see your issue got resolved Thorne, my experience is that TSI will always go 100% effort to ensure customer satisfaction. Maybe bookmark the Direct Support Forums for future problems, if any, I hope you have none.

Thorne

@cogentco.com

said by TypeS:

Is there that much of a difference with tech support between the call center and the DLSr approved reps? I haven't personally experienced it, but we've all read the posts with the different results. Maybe something Marc needs to look into? I realize there are always going to be irate customers, but that can't always be the case.

There is Definitely a disconnect.. The CSR I spoke to on the phone didn't even know who Danielle was. She had to look her up in a company directory to get enough info to send her an email with my details so she could call me back.

Not that smooth an experience and I find myself wondering if there is some 'elitism' going on.. I.e. those that know about DSLr and using these forums to get stuff done vs those that just call in and try to work within that framework...

I certainly didn't get too involved with Nick when I spoke with him because I knew that the 'most effective' path to resolution was likely to come from posting here rather then arguing on the phone...

TSI Danielle
Premium

I just want to clarify about the disconnect with the agent not knowing who I was. Those of us who help you in the forum always update notes on accounts when we do anything so if you call in, the agent will know what's been going on an who has been doing it.

With this particular case, I had had an idea of which account was Thorne's but without him confirming it by either messaging me or posting in direct, I was not going to note the account until I was sure.

Danielle
--
TSI Danielle
Social Media Relations
Teksavvy Solutions Inc.