spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Quickguide01

join:2013-02-14
reply to motoracer

Re: Wireless Router Setup Question

Hi. We use the 2 laptops for the wireless internet. We don't use any other stuff. How would I know if it has wireless N?

These laptops were bought around 2009 and 2010.

Can you recommend me a wireless n router then? Someone did say in another forum that the linksys wrt54g router is good back many years ago but not now. I have no problems with it with my laptop, its just the other one b/c its used in the room that is very far from the router.

I would not mind putting the wireless router in my living room. But can someone tell me how i can do this?

Can you give me link to range extender? Preferably on amazon.com? Wouldn't it better to buy a new router as oppose to range extender?

Take a look at the Linksys PLWK400. It is a Powerline Ethernet which brings a wired connection point to wherever you plug it in, combined with a WiFi extender which really boosts the WiFi signal. The best of both worlds.
»www.amazon.com/Linksys-Powerline···087O6AQE

[mod edit -- removed referral link and substituted direct link to product page --- fatness]

excelx

join:2004-07-06
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Quickguide01

I own this router and it really kick ass, easy to set it up and very strong signal, check it out...
»www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-Band···s+router

my brother who lives across the street bought an asus repeater ( device receives strong signal from my router ) i give him access from my internet and he gets strong signal.

»www.amazon.com/EA-N66-Ultra-Fast···sim_pc_4

pricey but we are happy with it, no signal drops and we set it both SSID'S for frequency 2.5 and 5ghz.

try the router first and if you dont like it then just send it back to amazon, easy return policy