spc
Search similar:

uniqs

king_joffrey
@verizon.net

king_joffrey

Anon

atm modem NEED HELP please

how i can communicate with this old modem (transxpress 4000)? I have tried rs232 and ethernet in putty, neither will show anything on the screen except garbled symbols. I tried every baud rate and still nothing. It shows the communication light on the modem blinking with each send from putty, but no response...please help...same exact modem as this ebay listing: »www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBay ··· 67157833

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

Have you considered the modem is simply faulty?

king_joffrey
@verizon.net

king_joffrey

Anon

hi, yes i have 20 of them, and i can't communicate with any of them....i think it may need a crossover cable but i don't have one atm.....its kind of an old model, so....

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to king_joffrey

Premium Member

to king_joffrey
What are you trying to do, anyways? Just fooling around, or did you actually want to deploy them for some application?

They were pretty application specific, IIRC... Not exactly usable as a general purpose modem.

king_joffrey
@verizon.net

king_joffrey

Anon

Hi, i am trying to deploy them with ATMs....also, it looks like they have some kind of proprietary port, labeled "option", which i have no idea how to connect to....

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Why?

Every ATM I've installed in the last 5 years has either had a built-in dialup modem, fixed cellular, or had a DSL line installed for WAN connectivity...
Expand your moderator at work

king_joffrey
@verizon.net

king_joffrey to LazMan

Anon

to LazMan

Re: atm modem NEED HELP please

if i can just get to the interface i might be able to get them set up. if anyone has ever used one and can tell me if they are accessible from a pc, either ethernet or rs232 it would be much appreciated. tried calling the manufacturer and they were not helpful.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to king_joffrey

Premium Member

to king_joffrey
It looks like it has an ethernet port also.

Jtmo
Premium Member
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

Jtmo to king_joffrey

Premium Member

to king_joffrey
Your network processor such as COOP or fifth third should be able to help. I would think most of us would be uncomfortable giving out this info given the ATM fraud out there. The Transexpress was widely used in that application at one time.

king_joffrey
@verizon.net

king_joffrey

Anon

I understand. we are using a different processor, ASAI and they don't have any support for that modem, because it's so old i guess...how hard would it be to set up an account with the manufacturer, TNSI? that seems like the only option or toss them out, which i would rather not do...

*did you mean the transxpress was widely used for ATM fraud? is it an insecure connection?

Jtmo
Premium Member
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

Jtmo to king_joffrey

Premium Member

to king_joffrey
Yuu could ask TNSI if they can help, or just switch to 4G via Ventus if ASAI and you can support IP at the hardware end. Way faster than a year 2002 modem and no wires. The only issue sometimes is poor placement of the antenna can sometimes allow it to get knocked off.