spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DirtAddsHP55

join:2013-02-26
reply to VexorgTR

Re: Setting up Cordless IP phones at home, lots of questions.

Do you think the 722 will be the main HD codec for awhile?

Ah nice Yealink is POE

DirtAddsHP55

4 edits
I have gone with the TGP-551, inputted my GV credientals in Simonics. And mirrored settings for web interface from the screenshot from Trimline minus different server address, auth id and password.

1. When i try to call out it rings but when someone picks up or the voicemail kicks in i get a busy signal. I tried calling a friend and they reported that they got ringed but when answered no sound. And i get once again a busy signal. I also tried dialing 1186 but does the same thing, in this case one ring then busy signal.

2. inbound calls seem to work with good quality for about two minutes and then drop, then when caller tries calling back they report it ringings and goes to voicemail but never rings on the 551. Seems refreshing the settings "Keep Alive Interval" fixes it but then stops working again next time call drops. I have tried this 3 times and at the 2:00 mark the call drops... every time

Is this because i have not set up a SIP Trunk? Do i need to set up FreePBX or FreeSwitch or Asterisk on a VM on a computer that is constantly on?

DirtAddsHP55

Tried posting my issue on PBX in a Flash Forum (PIAF) but seems theres a wait period before i can post.

DirtAddsHP55

Okay i think i found the problem, during the initial setup i specified to use TCP for the Transport Protocol. I changed it to UDP, reboot the phone and now i can make outbound calls without issue and inbound calls last more than 2 minutes... 4 minutes is as long as a call ive had at the moment.

After doing further reading UDP is suggested for calls, as error correction would drop the quality of the call.

next, getting the voicemail light to come on when a voicemail is present.

DirtAddsHP55

also it seems call forwarding does not work.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to DirtAddsHP55
said by DirtAddsHP55:

Tried posting my issue on PBX in a Flash Forum (PIAF) but seems theres a wait period before i can post.

said by DirtAddsHP55:

Okay i think i found the problem, during the initial setup i specified to use TCP for the Transport Protocol. I changed it to UDP, reboot the phone and now i can make outbound calls without issue and inbound calls last more than 2 minutes... 4 minutes is as long as a call ive had at the moment.

After doing further reading UDP is suggested for calls, as error correction would drop the quality of the call.

next, getting the voicemail light to come on when a voicemail is present.

said by DirtAddsHP55:

also it seems call forwarding does not work.

You may receive a quicker response if you were to start a new topic about asterisk (PiaF distro), with the current status of your project (what's working, and what isn't).

DirtAddsHP55

good point... i was thinking of starting a project thread but never got to it... i really should as it seems no one else has this free VOIP setup.