kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

[WIN7] IE10 for Windows 7 Final Globally Available

IE Blog -
quote:
IE10 for Windows 7 Globally Available for Consumers and Businesses
Internet Explorer 10 is available worldwide in 95 languages for download today. We will begin auto updating Windows 7 customers to IE10 in the weeks ahead, starting today with customers running the IE10 Release Preview. With this final release, IE10 brings the same leading standards support, with improved performance, security, privacy, reliability that consumers enjoy on Windows 8, to Windows 7 customers...continue reading.

More at the - Windows Blog.

Download Internet Explorer 10
»windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte···anguages

Dan Given
Premium
join:2001-03-16
Tustin, CA
I did this on both laptop and desktop. Only issue is that it killed my Dreamscape animated desktop video background. Any ideas?
--
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Thanks chachazz See Profile!

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Loaded it up on Windows 7 laptop and desktop. So far I like it, feels a bit snappier than IE9, and I was always pleased with it, so I can't complain.

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09
reply to chachazz
Anybody else having weird issues with YouTube. For instance, it will start to play a video for about 5 seconds with no sound, then will automatically start over with sound.

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA

4 edits
reply to chachazz
Didn't we have with IE9 a 32-bit and 64-bit version of the browser if you had 64-bit Win 7? Seems gone now--just one version without any specification.

Update: Went back. Seems to drag on the system a little--especially on boot--has some of those obnoxious Win 8 colors, and now I have 32- and 64-bit versions. Getting to be as much or more of a Cool Novo (formerly Chrome Plus) user anyway.
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
reply to BillRoland
It is faster, nice.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
reply to takeahike
I have not installed IE10 onto Windows 7 yet, but you can reference this thread to see how IE10 sort of works in this regards on Windows 8.

»[WIN8] windows 8 pro and IE10 64 or 32 bit?

From what I can tell with Windows 8, there are two different versions of IE 10: one installed to \Program Files\Internet Explorer and one installed to \Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer. However by default, only one shortcut is created, and it points to the 64 bit version (at least for me). There is also no longer a distinction in the About boxes as well. If you look at the thread that I referenced, you will see what I'm talking about there.

I'm not sure why Microsoft did not do that with IE 10. With IE9, you knew which version you were running (32 bit or 64 bit) as it had 64 bit in the name of the shortcut as well as in the About box.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
reply to Dan Given
This might work: »www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7···released .

I haven't tried it, or installed IE 10..

Skipdawg
The Original
Premium,ExMod 2001-03
join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA
reply to chachazz
Installed about a hour ago so far all good.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN
reply to takeahike
said by takeahike:

Didn't we have with IE9 a 32-bit and 64-bit version of the browser if you had 64-bit Win 7? Seems gone now--just one version without any specification.

Update: Went back. Seems to drag on the system a little--especially on boot--has some of those obnoxious Win 8 colors, and now I have 32- and 64-bit versions. Getting to be as much or more of a Cool Novo (formerly Chrome Plus) user anyway.

You do receive both the 32-bit and 64-bit version when you download the 64-bit version.
»Re: IE reborn: Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7
I'll admit that the first reboot was slow, however after that, subsequent reboots are just as fast as before. It is noticeably faster than IE9 on my system.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to chachazz
I could not get shortcuts for both in either the task-bar or the start menu though.

CovMac
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Covington, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to chachazz
A question about upgrading. I have DoNotTrackPlus, AdMuncher, and Roboform currently installed in IE on WIN7 Pro 64bit (I run the 32bit version of IE).

Should I uninstall any or all of these programs first, then upgrade to IE10, and then install them in IE10? Or, will IE10 automagically handle getting them incorporated correctly with the upgrade?

Thanks!
--
Mac

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

I can answer that AdMuncher handled things well. I did not disable it or anything else I may have already had installed. I removed all the immunization protection from Spyware Blaster, cleared all my history and then reset IE back to factory defaults. After installation I re-customized IE10 settings to my liking.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz
Make sure to check out the above setting regarding LAN settings. I find every time I upgrade IE going all the way back from IE5 up to IE10, a check mark is consistently being re-placed when I had it unchecked. I don't use automatic settings... having it enabled slows things down.
--