share rss forum feed

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

PhotoStream Question

My goal is to have both phones (iPhone 4s) automatically get their photos to my PC. It works great with one phone- I take a picture anywhere, and within seconds it is on my PC, thanks to PhotoStream. I would like the other phone to do the same. My PC is Windows 7, one user account (do not wish to add users to the PC).

How can I do this?

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1

If all phones share the same Apple ID, they should all find their way to the PhotoStream.
If I take a photo with iPad or iPhone, they all end up on my stream

Cesco
Electronic Box n00b
Premium
join:2009-01-28
Montreal, QC
reply to owlyn

Is Photostream toggled ON on the 2nd phone?

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
reply to haroldo

They have and need different Apple IDs.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Cesco

said by Cesco:

Is Photostream toggled ON on the 2nd phone?

Not sure, but where will the photos go if it is on?

Cesco
Electronic Box n00b
Premium
Montreal, QC

They'll go to the iCoud account that is set under iCoud in Settings.
You mention that you have 2 Apple IDs. If this is the case then you'll have 2 separate Photostreams; the pictures taken not available to the other account.
All you iOS devices and desktop must have the same iCoud account for you to see the pic(s) everywhere.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Cesco:

They'll go to the iCoud account that is set under iCoud in Settings.
You mention that you have 2 Apple IDs. If this is the case then you'll have 2 separate Photostreams; the pictures taken not available to the other account.
All you iOS devices and desktop must have the same iCoud account for you to see the pic(s) everywhere.

Is there a way to have two iCloud accounts active on the PC? I don't want to see the pics everywhere, I just want pics from both cameras to automatically go to the PC.

Cesco
Electronic Box n00b
Premium
Montreal, QC

Being on a mac, am not familiar of how hings work on PC.
I did find you this video if it helps any:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJHEoyPN-9o

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Cesco:

Being on a mac, am not familiar of how hings work on PC.
I did find you this video if it helps any:

(youtube clip)

I found that clip earlier, but it requires two user IDs on the PC. I found an article that lists how many various types of things one device can have. Basically, I can't do what I want to do, as any device can only have one PhotoStream account. In the case of a PC, that is not exactly correct- each user account (which is more or less a virtual PC) can have its own PhotoStream account, but I only want to have one PC user account.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to owlyn

You cannot setup two different iCloud accounts under one account on the computer. However, you can setup a shared photostream for the other account but then you will need to manually add photos to the shared stream.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by kitsune:

You cannot setup two different iCloud accounts under one account on the computer. However, you can setup a shared photostream for the other account but then you will need to manually add photos to the shared stream.

Hmmm, that may work well enough. So, if phone A is the one with the account on the PC, and p[hone B is the other phone, what do I set up where?

haroldo

united state

From any image, you can click the Share button
Create a new PhotoStream and enter the email or Apple ID of the party you want to share with
Subsequent photos taken would need to be selected and shared. Once you click share, select the specific PhotoStream
Not smooth, nor elegant, but it gets the job done
Warning...PhotoStream is designed to be a temporary folder (limit of 1000 images with first in first out removal when limit is hit). Don't attempt to store precious images there.
I haven't fooled with it, but I believe Facebook offers instant sharing from iDevices. Maybe you can try pointing both devices to a common Facebook account?

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by haroldo:

From any image, you can click the Share button
Create a new PhotoStream and enter the email or Apple ID of the party you want to share with
Subsequent photos taken would need to be selected and shared. Once you click share, select the specific PhotoStream
Not smooth, nor elegant, but it gets the job done
Warning...PhotoStream is designed to be a temporary folder (limit of 1000 images with first in first out removal when limit is hit). Don't attempt to store precious images there.
I haven't fooled with it, but I believe Facebook offers instant sharing from iDevices. Maybe you can try pointing both devices to a common Facebook account?

Thanks for the warning- I didn't know that. Easy enough to remedy- just move the photos once they arrive on my PC.

Facebook isn't an option for me. I don't have an account and don't want one.

For the sharing to work, I would share photos from the phone that doesn't go to my PC to the phone that does go?

haroldo

united state

Just think of PhotoStream as a cloud device. It doesn't matter the specific device that you're using, if you share to the stream...it's there.
So when you take a photo on iPhone "A", it's automatically on A's PhotoStream.
Find image(s) that you want to share, click them all and then the Share icon.
Select the Shared PhotoStream
Any device (for example, iPhone "B" that was designated as part of the shared stream) will now see the images.

(FYI...you can set up a private Facebook account that you share with no one, just for an online storage locker for images. »www.macrumors.com/2012/11/30/fac···s-users/ )

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA

Sorry to be thick. The only place I want all photos to go is my PC. I already get all photos from phone A there. How do I get photos from phone B to show on the PC but not phone A?

haroldo

united state

Phone B creates a Shared PhotoStream and sends email invitation to PC
PC shows B's Shared PhotoStream side by side with A's PhotoStream
Copy and paste if you want photos to merge PhotoStream albums