St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora

Re: Money

But if they themselves are participating in the sharing (providing freely to the public), how can they then turn around and claim infringement. Please keep in mind this is not a law enforcement / government sanctioned sting operation which is most cases would have to be targeted at someone / entity known to be breaking the law. For the purpose of catching them specifically and collecting evidence.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by NOYB:

But if they themselves are participating in the sharing (providing freely to the public), how can they then turn around and claim infringement. Please keep in mind this is not a law enforcement / government sanctioned sting operation which is most cases would have to be targeted at someone / entity known to be breaking the law. For the purpose of catching them specifically and collecting evidence.

They can monitor w/o sharing.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to NOYB

Premium Member

to NOYB
said by NOYB:

I guess they own it. If caught you can try to fight them with your claim. Personally, my belief is P2P will become more dangerous over time. A secure connection to a download site may be safer where there are no unknown third parties.

The legality of the entire scheme is beyond my understanding, though the concept is technically a bit interesting.
« Comcast isn't saying yetVPN »
This is a sub-selection from Money