NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1
reply to pandora

Re: Money

But if they themselves are participating in the sharing (providing freely to the public), how can they then turn around and claim infringement. Please keep in mind this is not a law enforcement / government sanctioned sting operation which is most cases would have to be targeted at someone / entity known to be breaking the law. For the purpose of catching them specifically and collecting evidence.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by NOYB:

But if they themselves are participating in the sharing (providing freely to the public), how can they then turn around and claim infringement. Please keep in mind this is not a law enforcement / government sanctioned sting operation which is most cases would have to be targeted at someone / entity known to be breaking the law. For the purpose of catching them specifically and collecting evidence.

They can monitor w/o sharing.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to NOYB

said by NOYB:

I guess they own it. If caught you can try to fight them with your claim. Personally, my belief is P2P will become more dangerous over time. A secure connection to a download site may be safer where there are no unknown third parties.

The legality of the entire scheme is beyond my understanding, though the concept is technically a bit interesting.
--
Congress could mess up a one piece jigsaw puzzle.