Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dggopal

join:2012-11-11
El Monte, CA

[DSL] renewal downtime?

@dsl_nik or other reps:

I just spoke to a service rep to renew/upgrade my dsl connection. Was told it would take 3-5 days from request for date of activation to kick in. my 12 month contract expires at the end of this month ( ie March 1st would be the first day off contract). Will I experience downtime if the activation does not occur before march 1st?

-Deepak

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
Nope. If an annual contract expires, the circuit automatically changes to monthly to avoid downtime. Service should continue as normal, in most cases. On your new activation date, you may be disconnected very briefly when the line is actually upgraded to the new speed; you may need to powercycle your modem to 'wake it up' so it detects the new speed bracket and syncs accordingly. It's only under rare circumstances (such as if you're changing from a PPPoE connection to a Static IP connection) that you would run into any noticeable downtime when processing an upgrade.

dggopal

El Monte, CA

1 edit
reply to dggopal
@ dsl_nick,

hey...unfortunately I think something might have gone wrong on my renewal as my net has been down since the 28th morning around 12 am. I called tech support and it was elevated to a level 2 tech and was told to call back in the morning which I did. After troubleshooting with the tech for quite some time he said he would call at&t to rebuild the circuit and would call me back in 20 minutes. This was around 11 am in the morning. I haven't received a callback yet and am just wondering what the status is on my connection. Can someone please get back to me about what is going on with my connection as the only reason I chose to continue with service without the low promotional rate was so I would not have disruption in my service.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29

1 edit

1 recommendation

Very sorry to hear that, usually that doesn't happen. Let me take a look into it =(

Btw, you should probably edit your post to take out the numbers.

I tried calling you on all three numbers we have; unfortunately, the first number's voicemail isn't set up, second number went to voicemail, and third number's just ringing. The tech from this morning tried to reach you too, and also had trouble getting through to you; do you have an alternate number we could reach you at, perhaps?

I'm not in tomorrow, but I'll have one of my techs here try to reach you again. If we're not able to reach you, though, please give us a call back at 866-491-7221.

dggopal

El Monte, CA

1 edit
reply to dggopal
yeah unfortunately I missed your call just now as my phone was on silent. I just called the 866 number and just as I was connected to the tier 2 tech the line got disconnected. Can you arrange for a callback.

dslx_steve
Premium,VIP
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA
kudos:6
I see the one of our techs finally reached you and resolved the issue. Let us know if you need anything else.