share rss forum feed

chapter_one

join:2002-02-16
Pebble Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast

ARRIS TG862G/CT

Didn't seem to generate any response in Comcast Direct so I'll try here.

Just provisioned the Arris Telephony/Modem/Router/Wi-Fi a few days ago and I was looking for a User's Manual for this model. I'm not having any problems but was concerned about being able to change some settings like the User Name and Password since they are usually set up by default with "admin" and "password". I tried using 192.168.0.1 but didn't get anywhere. Does this have to be done via ethernet connection or should wireless work ok?

So, I'm wondering if this model is user configurable and if not, whether the on-board Wi-Fi can be turned off so I could reconnect my own Linksys router?

Thanks,
Ron

Dumaine

join:2010-12-05
Detroit, MI

I think you can open the CMD promt and type in ipconfig. Look for your default gateway number, that number should be the number to enter in the web browser to access the router settings. Here in Detroit my daughter has the 862G and its 10.0.0.1 to access settings. admin=admin password=password

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to chapter_one

Hi Chap 1...I found a pdf file via Google. This might help you.

»www.arrisi.com/support/documenta···d1-4.pdf

chapter_one

Pebble Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast
reply to Dumaine

Dumaine, Right on the mark!! That got me in there so that I was able to change that password and up the Firewall setting which, by default, is Low. Thank you ever so much. I was also able to download the Xfinity setup information from the Network setup page. Thanks again.

Ron

chapter_one

Pebble Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast
reply to YukonHawk

YukonHawk, I have to check my .pdf's. I think that's the one I saw after bouncing around a whole bunch of ARRIS related links from a Bing search. It looks different than the Comcast modem but I think a lot of what's in that file will pertain to the G/CT model. Thanks very much for your efforts.

Ron

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

You're welcome Ron. I've been in situations like yours and sometimes a fresh pair of eyes may help. Have a good night.