spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wTheOnew

join:2012-03-09

[Rant] So close to a full month without having to call. So close

I swear I must have won the Comcast 'let's screw with this guy' lottery. Every single month without fail they give me a reason to call them and complain.

- Signed up at $69.99 "that is the standard rate for this Doubly Play package. It is not a promotion" Made the nice lady clarify this point multiple times because I didn't believe her.
- 6 months later it goes to $79 "Oh no sir that was a promo, you're NOW on the standard rate."
- 1 month later it goes to $89 "Oh no sir that was a promo, you're NOW on the standard rate."
- 6 months later is goes to $105 "Oh no sir that was a promo, The actual rate is $120.40, you're price will increase to that next month."

A 40+% increase in price in just over a year?! Screw that noise.

'Fine, I want to cancel the TV, and drop the 50/10 HSI down to the lowest tier.' "Oh we're sorry the department that handles cancellations is closed, please try again tomorrow."

AHHHH!!

Every other utility or service in my life operates smooth as butter. I pay them what we agreed to and they give me service. Every month, the exact same thing like clockwork. Why does Comcast have to CONSTANTLY screw around with everything. Billing, their website, etc.

/rant. Stress levels returning to normal...

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

Re: [Rant] So close to a full month without having to call. So c

Wow! Did they give you any documentation as to the terms and conditions of the package you sign up for? I think they are required to send you something via e-mail. Do you have any other ISPs in your area that you can sign up with?

wTheOnew

join:2012-03-09
I'll have to dig around for anything that Comcast sent me. Can't say I ever noticed anything with the word promo on it. I know the bills online don't say promo anywhere on them. Tomorrow though, closed all the Comcast tabs when I got off the phone. Like to keep the amount of time per day that I think about Comcast to a minimum.

No other real competition in the area. Going to be that way for the foreseeable future. I have significantly more gas company options than I do ISP options.

If my job and hobby didn't both deal with computers I would have been able to follow through with the 'I'm going to cancel' threats, but unfortunately there's no other service near me that offers anything remotely decent.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
said by wTheOnew:

If my job and hobby didn't both deal with computers I would have been able to follow through with the 'I'm going to cancel' threats, but unfortunately there's no other service near me that offers anything remotely decent.

Odds are that Comcast knows this too.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to wTheOnew
Same here. When Comcast was giving me fits a couple of years I looked at satellite service but the monthly rates were high and caps were paltry. Plus with the latency issues it wasn't worth the aggravation. Since that time CC has gotten their act together at least in my region and I have been happy with them. I do wish we have Verizon FIOS here at least to help drive down prices.