Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

[Praise] Bank of America

I have had Bank of America for the past 2 years, and I am really happy. I left Wells Fargo because they wanted to charge me fees monthly unless I met some requirements, but Bank of America had a good promotion($35 for me and $35 for a friend).
1. No monthly fees if you use their ATM only accounts. Works for me because it is easier, faster and I can deposit checks and cash there.
2. No matter what day it is or what time of day it is, checks always clear(even with little or no money in the account). A relative and a friend bank at 2 separate banks, and have to wait 1 business day for their checks to clear.
3. They waive 1 Overdraft fee per year that is your fault. I have had 2 waived easily that were a 3rd parties fault, and Bank of America waived it with no problems.
4. Keep the Change rounds up your purchase to the next dollar, and transfers it to your Savings Account. Also, whatever keep the change you earn in the first 3 months, B of A matches it and puts it in your account in 6 months.
Its been great
--
No Victim=No Crime

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

Congratulations on having the change work out so outstanding for you and may the experience continue. Another positive for you is being one of the major banks BofA has a large footprint of branches and ATMs across the US.

Also thanks for posting as it's nice for a change to get or read some praise and positive news instead of rants and complaints.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2

said by Blogger:

Congratulations on having the change work out so outstanding for you and may the experience continue. Another positive for you is being one of the major banks BofA has a large footprint of branches and ATMs across the US.

Also thanks for posting as it's nice for a change to get or read some praise and positive news instead of rants and complaints.

Best decision I could have made. And you are right, I forgot to add they have many ATM's and branches.
--
No Victim=No Crime

nikmagid

join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA

i am also happy with bank of america. their service has been exemplary. even their customer support it great!

Jim Gurd
Premium
join:2000-07-08
Plymouth, MI
reply to billydunwood

I have an account with B of A as well. Back when I opened the account it was Michigan National Bank. I opened it because I was working there as my first job out of High School. It has gone through several name changes until it finally ended up as Bank of America. I've kept the account open since October 1987, more than half of my life.

I have not had any problems with their banking service. They are very generous in making funds available the next day, even large items. I like their ATMs because they accept cash, count it on the spot and make it available immediately.

Their bill pay is easy to use. I believe they outsource it to Fiserv. I did have one problem where a bill didn't get paid, but it wasn't the bank's fault. The recipient failed to post the payment properly. The lady helping me ended up staying late and I felt bad for her, but it all got straightened out.

Mittvok
Premium
join:2008-12-18
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to billydunwood

I've had Bank of America for the last 5 years. I actually work for another bank but I still use BoA. Never had a problem with them. I use their online bill payment system all the time.