uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
join:2002-08-23
Albany, GA
kudos:1

[GA] Home Networking Service Takes 24 Hours?

Chad, please be online. I'm not happy.

My modem died. An installer replaced it today.

I can't connect any wireless devices.

I call, because accessing my Control Panel via the web gives me the wonderful:
Error
You cannot log into your control panel because no devices are associated with your account. Please contact your ISP at support@mediacomcc.com or 1-855-558-5812 for more information.

Okay. I call. After getting a poor lady that claimed my modem was offline(NO), and wanted to powercycle. Again, no. Used the "Supervisor" word. She changed her tune, talked about sending a ticket that would take 24 hours to process.

Lastly, no. It's not my fault the modem died. I lease to Mediacom.

I hit up Support Chat. Same thing.

No.

STOP TELLING YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT IT TAKES 24 HOURS TO PUT THEIR WIRELESS DEVICES ON YOUR NETWORK THAT WE PAY YOU FOR.

Either offer a default PIN that the wireless devices can use, or give us a number to the people who can provision the new device.
--
De Colores!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
When anyone sends a ticket to Tier-2 to have Home Networking activated on a new modem, it can take up to 24 hrs to process. Sometimes it can take less time, sometimes it can be more, it all depends on the number of tickets that our Tier-2 department has to work on.

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
Albany, GA
Ridiculous. I have an open network right now. I take it your company will take responsibility for anyone who accesses my network and downloads illegal material?
--
De Colores!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I understand your frustration, but unfortunately this is the process in which to get this service activated.

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
Albany, GA
You avoided the question. Because of your process, I have an open wireless network. Will your company accept responsibility should someone uses it to download copyrighted material or to engage in illegal activity?
--
De Colores!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
We will make sure the network is setup as quick as possible, so you do not have an open network.

StreatorTech

join:2009-12-02
Streator, IL
reply to Hardcore
It should not be open. By default, the two models of gateways we use have security keys associated with the wifi.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Hardcore
Send me an IM with what you would like your SSID and password to be and I will verify this is setup properly.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to Hardcore
Usually it's done right away but the Clear Access system was down yesterday so they could only create tickets. Also gateways are secured by default so no open networks.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
Albany, GA
Anon,

My network is NOT secured. Anyone can get on it at any time.

It's been a week. Still no access to the control panel.
--
De Colores!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
As previously requested. Send me an IM with what you would like your SSID and password to be, and I will be happy to make sure this is setup for you.

Anonymous
Premium
IA
reply to Hardcore
What gateway did you get?

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
Albany, GA
It's a Netgear. I had a Cisco.
--
De Colores!

Anonymous
Premium
IA
Model #?

Hardcore
The Sausage King
Premium
Albany, GA
reply to Hardcore
Apparently Chad's bumped a ticket to Tier 2, which will probably take another week or so to sort out.

Don't get me wrong - I'm certain they have a lot of traffic to sift through. But to have to wait so long to be able to access your network settings...perhaps streamlining the process may keep this from happening.
--
De Colores!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
On average it take 24-48 hrs to get a reply from our Tier-2 technical support. As soon as I get a reply back I will let you know.