gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

gugarci to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: IE reborn: Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7

Just installed it and I must admit I like it. Although it froze while importing my Firefox bookmarks and had to close it out using the task manager. How can you tell if it installed the 32 or 64 bit version? It does not mention this info under "about Internet Explorer".

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

said by gugarci:

How can you tell if it installed the 32 or 64 bit version? It does not mention this info under "about Internet Explorer".

Look in the program files folder and the program files86 folder.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to gugarci

Premium Member

to gugarci
Click for full size
said by gugarci:

Just installed it and I must admit I like it. Although it froze while importing my Firefox bookmarks and had to close it out using the task manager. How can you tell if it installed the 32 or 64 bit version? It does not mention this info under "about Internet Explorer".

Download Internet Explorer 10
You can download Internet Explorer 10 in the language that matches your version of Windows or choose the English version, which works with all versions of Windows 7.

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· anguages
If you need help finding out which version of Windows you're running, see Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· r-64-bit

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 edit

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

So far I reeeealy like it. To me it looks and feels like a highly polished IE9!
EDIT: The built in spell checker is cool. Purposely mistyping a few wrong words with extra or not enough letters and IE10 corrects it on the fly! Others are simply underlined for review. Very nice!
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Ever heard of auto-correct fail? It's a common problem on smartphones, but you should able to turn that off. I've found many dictionaries are missing words spelled correctly, or terminology in many fields. This can lead to embarrassing situations if you don't proofread every message.
»www.autocorrectfail.org/

gugarci
Premium Member
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ

gugarci to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
said by Name Game:

said by gugarci:

Download Internet Explorer 10
You can download Internet Explorer 10 in the language that matches your version of Windows or choose the English version, which works with all versions of Windows 7.

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· anguages
If you need help finding out which version of Windows you're running, see Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

»windows.microsoft.com/en ··· r-64-bit

Thanks for the reply. I'm using x64 but and I downloaded the x64 bit installer. But since i don't use IE at all i just wanted to make sure.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game

Premium Member

I plan to install it on one of my win7 64bit laptops that I use when traveling..glad they put this one out for that OS..never did like IE9 that well. Acted funny on too many sites. Kudos to Microsoft.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
Uh oh. Look who's running WinXP (check the screen capture) and posted this

»Windows XP and Firefox take 25-year lead in security flaws

(Ok ok. So yes I still run Win2K and WinXP also )
Expand your moderator at work