spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bucolic

@rr.com

[TWC] Digital adapter question

I got a letter stating that I can order a free digital adapter online. I don't need one right now, but I might in the future for a TV in a different room. When I clicked to order one, it also says I need an additional outlet, but it also says "included." I want to be sure that I will never be charged for an additional outlet (which I do not need); i.e., that everything associated with the adapter is free. Is that correct?

Also, does the adapter remain the property of TWC and is just being loaned to the customer "for free" as opposed to the 99c per month when the fee for other users kicks into effect after December 1, 2013? The letter does not specify who "owns" the adapter once it is shipped. If I were to leave TWC, I presume the adapter has to be returned, is that correct?

And finally, does accepting the adapter affect my locked-in agreement for my current service in any way?

Thanks!

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Bucolic :

I got a letter stating that I can order a free digital adapter online. I don't need one right now, but I might in the future for a TV in a different room. When I clicked to order one, it also says I need an additional outlet, but it also says "included." I want to be sure that I will never be charged for an additional outlet (which I do not need); i.e., that everything associated with the adapter is free. Is that correct?

Also, does the adapter remain the property of TWC and is just being loaned to the customer "for free" as opposed to the 99c per month when the fee for other users kicks into effect after December 1, 2013? The letter does not specify who "owns" the adapter once it is shipped. If I were to leave TWC, I presume the adapter has to be returned, is that correct?

And finally, does accepting the adapter affect my locked-in agreement for my current service in any way?

Thanks!

where are you located?

I got the adapter letter here in Dallas (CSPAN, EWTN, WGN America, and G4 are being removed from analog) and ordered an adapter way ahead of schedule because Dallas was originally scheduled for 1/22/13 for the analog cuts date but that slipped to 3/5/13. I got my adapter in the mail on 2/6/13.

The adapter is the property of TWC and yes they have to be returned if you leave TWC they are billed as a $75 dollar charge if not returned.

Price-lock's are not affected by the change/or adding an adapter but you are given a 60 day period to get out of the price-lock pricing if you are dissatisfied due to the dropping of the channels from analog.

The additional outlet is free but the adapter will cost $.99 beginning Dec. 1st.

Bucolic

@rr.com

Oh, I thought if you got one now, then you would not have the .99/month charge ever. I guess I misunderstood that. It just meant free until December?