spc
Search similar:

uniqs
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

[HD] STB Exchange

There is are new menu itms under Customer Support, one under Help Options that says that Verizon is ugrading the network to add more HD to some packages using "new technology" and that if you have a 6XXX STB you can upgrade for free to get the new channels. The other menu item allows you to order the new STB. It is under In-Home Agent.

Here comes MPEG4 and more HD channels.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy

Which channels are in MPEG4?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Some sports package channels, maybe others, but those that will be added to " select packages" in the future will require 7xxx or Cisco STBs. The added HD channels have not been announced nor when it will happen.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler to PJL

Anon

to PJL
PJL,

Can you be more specific? I can not see where you found this under Customer Support. I just do not see that option or folder.

Maybe you can provide a step-by-step Guide? lol

Thank You
Webcobbler

Webcobbler to PJL

Anon

to PJL
PJL,

I can not find this. Would you be do kind to give a step by step on where I / we can find and see this ? I am very interesting and surprised that they would announce this very thing. They they announced that they have to upgrade boxes to make room for ( planned and presently comming ) new HD Channels in mpeg 4 that is.

Now idk about " new tech" , which they speak. Or that they have to upgrade their end to take the load of new HD channels. but I am glad test FiOS is saying something, bc we all want new HDs. Me: it's H2HD and DiY HD.

Thank You Very Much.

WebCobbler

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
It says you can only exchange if you subscribe to any of the channels affected, so everyone just can't do it to get a new box.
David57
join:2012-10-15
Flower Mound, TX

David57 to Webcobbler

to Webcobbler
Customer Support > Help Topics > Set Top Exchange > (8 topics/questions listed)
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by David57:

Customer Support > Help Topics > Set Top Exchange > (8 topics/questions listed)

See also Customer Support > In-Home Agent > Set Top Box Exchange for the actual process to order (if you qualify I presume -- since I already have a 7232 I didn't try).
PJL

PJL to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

It says you can only exchange if you subscribe to any of the channels affected, so everyone just can't do it to get a new box.

I believe that's what my initial post implied. Thank you for making it more explicit.

Fgdfh
@verizon.net

Fgdfh to PJL

Anon

to PJL
This isn't new.

There have been an "exchange" type menu choices in past IMG revisons before.

WebCobbler
@verizon.net

WebCobbler to PJL

Anon

to PJL
I too have 7232s. I am just interested.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to Fgdfh

to Fgdfh
said by Fgdfh :

This isn't new.

There have been an "exchange" type menu choices in past IMG revisons before.

Not in my VHO that I can recall, and not with the explicit statements concerning network changes, added HD channels, and incompatibility with 6xxx STBs.

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to PJL

to PJL
Well, that was quick. I clicked on it yesterday and two new QP7100s showed up. They don't seem to come with remotes, but they old ones work with the new unit, so it's all good. Maybe it's my imagination, but PQ seems better than with my old 6200-series box.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL

said by MagScribe:

Well, that was quick. I clicked on it yesterday and two new QP7100s showed up. They don't seem to come with remotes, but they old ones work with the new unit, so it's all good. Maybe it's my imagination, but PQ seems better than with my old 6200-series box.

Glad to see it's actually working. Yes, the remotes are the same for all Motorola STBs. I noticed improved PQ with the 7232 when I upgraded almost a year ago. Could you confirm that there was no charge, including no shipping? Since I don't have a box to upgrade I haven't gone through the STB menu process to confirm that point -- and I don't want to because I'm afraid they'll send me a new STB even though I already have a 7232.

What actual packages do you currently have?

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Meanwhile, 6XXX boxes are still being installed on new installs.......
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by ITALIAN926:

Meanwhile, 6XXX boxes are still being installed on new installs.......

Perhaps a "left hand - right hand" issue?

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Left hand, right foot.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

said by ITALIAN926:

Left hand, right foot.

And neither can find the ass sometimes. They just don't want to write off these old STBs. It pains me to install them.

MagScribe
join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA

MagScribe to PJL

to PJL
I have Ultimate -- or whatever the maximum package is. There was no charge and the boxes came with UPS shipping labels to return their 6200 predecessors. One stumbling block: while the first box is great, the second box appears to be a refurb that wasn't fixed. It doesn't want to secure to the network...I have to see about getting it swapped out.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by MagScribe:

I have Ultimate -- or whatever the maximum package is. There was no charge and the boxes came with UPS shipping labels to return their 6200 predecessors. One stumbling block: while the first box is great, the second box appears to be a refurb that wasn't fixed. It doesn't want to secure to the network...I have to see about getting it swapped out.

Too bad about the technical problem, but you're getting there. I figured Ultimate would be eligible, so I'm still waiting to see if someone with Extreme qualifies. If Extreme qualifies then we know it gets the new HD channels too.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to PoloDude

to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

said by ITALIAN926:

Left hand, right foot.

And neither can find the ass sometimes. They just don't want to write off these old STBs. It pains me to install them.

My guess is they want to minimize the 7232 procurements as their longer term strategy is moving to the media server as their base platform offering, and using that eventually for IPTV.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PJL

to PJL
My guess is almost all the 6000 installs are for free STB/DVR promotions on new customers. Just for the reason of not doing an HD guide, I cannot understand how they keep sending these out.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
said by PJL:

said by MagScribe:

Too bad about the technical problem, but you're getting there. I figured Ultimate would be eligible, so I'm still waiting to see if someone with Extreme qualifies. If Extreme qualifies then we know it gets the new HD channels too.

I have Extreme. I went to the In Home Agent and it said I have one box that qualifies, which I do, and it asked if I want a replacement, but I didn't say yes yet.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by matcarl:

said by PJL:

...so I'm still waiting to see if someone with Extreme qualifies. If Extreme qualifies then we know it gets the new HD channels too.

I have Extreme. I went to the In Home Agent and it said I have one box that qualifies, which I do, and it asked if I want a replacement, but I didn't say yes yet.

Matcarl, thanks for the confirmation! I'm optimistic now that I'll get all of the HD additions with my Extreme package, which is the current one. Now if a Prime subscriber can report their experience.....
You might want to get ahead of the pack and place the order now. When people either find the menu item or Verizon adds an HD channel and get the subscriber gets the screen prompt, it may take longer to get the upgraded STB. I would think it would be difficult for Verizon to support the turn-around time experienced by MagScribe if many are requesting the upgrade at the same time.
PhillyDog
join:2002-10-27
Smithtown, NY

PhillyDog to PJL

to PJL
I did this change about three weeks ago. I went to look at the free preview of some NHL package and it said my box needed to be upgraded. It went to the exchange set top box screen and I chose both my HD box and DVR. The new 7xxx versions came in two days, I just swapped out my boxes into the ones that came and put new UPS sticker (which came inside) and dropped them off at UPS drop off store. It was quick and the only issue I had was that when Verizon received my boxes the person who signed off on them either didn't scan one of them to de-activate it because it was showing up still on my network. I had to call Verizon and spend about 45 minutes to get it cleared off. So I would tell anyone to save your UPS tracking number just in case.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Anyone with just Prime want to check to see if they qualify for the free STB upgrade?

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PJL

to PJL
Does this work on a free DVR?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Greg2600:

Does this work on a free DVR?

Not sure what you mean. But probably if you mean you're getting your DVR for no charge per month. Give it a try using the STB menu.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PJL

to PJL
That's what I mean. I have no DVR's, friend of mine does. I'll tell him to try it.

Silver_2000
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Carrollton, TX

Silver_2000 to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
I have the same email and one of the DVRs is going away

Any one have an success with the Menu item that claims to store your series info in the cloud ? " Export Series to cloud "

Does it work ?