Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rebrider
Been There Done That
Premium
join:2000-11-23

[WIN7] Win 7 email

I am using Win 7 X64. On my Vista nd XP machines on the menu bar there is a heading called page. I could send a link or page by email.
In Win 7 those options are greyed out and I cannot send a link or page by email.
Anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thanks

citizensin
The Deacon of the Bipartisan Party
Premium
join:2001-06-19
Fayette City, PA

Linky below addresses the issue. You'll need to install a mail client.

»www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-s···xplorer/

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Rebrider

I have no send link in any Windows 7 menu bar; don't recall from earlier OSes, either; however, the long version of citizensin See Profile's reply:

Windows XP shipped with Internet Explorer 6; a web browser with such a menu bar option. IE6 included an e-mail client: MS Outlook Express 6. The send link/page option would invoke OEXP.

Windows Vista shipped with Internet Explorer 7; a web browser with such a menu bar option. IE7 did not include an e-mail client, but Vista did: Windows Mail. The send link/page option would invoke WinMail.

Windows 7 ships (shipped?) with Internet Explorer 8; a web browser with such a menu bar option. IE 8 did not include an e-mail client, nor does (did?) Win7.

Windows 7/Internet Explorer 8 require that you bring your own e-mail client to the party. (Note: Some computer OEMs include the Windows Live Essentials suite, which has an e-mail client. Microsoft apparently did not, maybe still does not.)

For completeness: Windows 8 ships with Internet Explorer 9; a web browser with such an option. IE9 does not include an e-mail client, but Win8 supposedly does. I can't verify that directly, though.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rebrider

IE10 on Win 7. You have to go in and specifically select Live Mail.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
reply to NormanS

said by NormanS:

For completeness: Windows 8 ships with Internet Explorer 9; a web browser with such an option. IE9 does not include an e-mail client, but Win8 supposedly does. I can't verify that directly, though.

Just wanted to point out that Windows 8 ships with IE 10, not IE 9.

As far as a mail client built into Windows 8, there may be some kind of App for that. I thought I saw some kind of live tile that said "Mail" with an icon of a envelop. I cannot comment on how good / bad it is, as I uninstalled all the "Apps". I've always installed a stand-alone mail client, which right now is Thunderbird. I've never used Outlook Express.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

said by plencnerb:

As far as a mail client built into Windows 8, there may be some kind of App for that. I thought I saw some kind of live tile that said "Mail" with an icon of a envelop. I cannot comment on how good / bad it is, as I uninstalled all the "Apps".

It's just another full screen hog of a app... on Fullscreen 8... oh I mean windows 8

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to SparkChaser

said by SparkChaser:

IE10 on Win 7. You have to go in and specifically select Live Mail.

[att=1]

You don't have to select Live Mail, you can select any mail client you want, Live Mail is just one of your options

Rebrider
Been There Done That
Premium
join:2000-11-23
reply to Rebrider

I went to IE 10, no joy. Thanks for all the input. Not a happy camper with Win 7. I liked my 98SE. XP sp3 was fine. Vista, ok but XP was better.
Now I have to decide if I want to try Win 8 Pro which I have.
Microsoft never heard of "if it ain't broke leave it alone"

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by Rebrider:

I went to IE 10, no joy. Thanks for all the input. Not a happy camper with Win 7. I liked my 98SE. XP sp3 was fine. Vista, ok but XP was better.
Now I have to decide if I want to try Win 8 Pro which I have.
Microsoft never heard of "if it ain't broke leave it alone"

What are you using for mail? On my IE10 and Win 7 you go to this:

tools - internet options - programs - set programs - set program access and computer defaults - select what you have
--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." - Aldous Huxley

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Paula
Premium
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:2
reply to Rebrider

said by Rebrider:

I liked my 98SE.

Finally, someone else out of the closet. I LOVED 98SE!
--
Bidden or unbidden, He is always present.