spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Geo84
@comcast.net

Geo84

Anon

Circulating pump on a hydrotherm gas firing boiler

Heard a wining noise and it went out. Do not plan on replacing it myself.
How much should it cost. Older model HI-85

Is there anything else I can do?

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

jack b

MVM

Get out your checkbook. Figure between $350-450 for a plumber to replace a circulator,(parts+labor) if that is in fact all that's wrong.
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to Geo84

Premium Member

to Geo84
Once you do get it replaced, if the pump and/or motor has oil holes, make sure it gets oiled as necessary (according to pump/motor manufacturers recommendations). Most quality recirc pumps that I've seen do have oil holes.

If you pay someone to have your boiler system serviced on a regular basis, watch them and make sure they lubricate. It is an often overlooked but important maintenance item that will help pumps and motors last a very long time.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

Geo-- where are you located?

A pump for a standard residential system is approx 200$, plus the time to drain and refill/vent the system. Could be 2-3 hours depending on how complex your system is

-j

Geo84
@comcast.net

Geo84 to Geo84

Anon

to Geo84
It was not the pump- it was a type of motor. Told me the system was old and it was difficult to get Replacement parts- that I will be needing a new one soon. Asked him to oil. I did not know where the oil went- stared right up. Hopefully it will last a couple of years.
Next question 1200 sq feet house -one story - crawl space- should I scrap the boiler when I replace???? I was told 5000 for a new boiler ( to bring it up to code) or 8000 for furnace???

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

If yer boiler aint leakin, it doesnt need replaced.

Someone is feedin you a line of BS. They just want to sell you a new one.. Find a new tech.

-j