spc
uniqs
johnnn
join:2007-01-25
Ann Arbor, MI

johnnn to jblues

to jblues

Re: [Speed] Speed increase

Very excited about this. The west Ann Arbor routing topology recently changed significantly...they moved to a single xe-SUR router between here and Pontiac and speeds have already been more consistent since then. Can't wait for the new config file!

TheToro
Premium Member
join:2003-06-05
Atlanta, GA

TheToro

Premium Member

said by johnnn:

Very excited about this. The west Ann Arbor routing topology recently changed significantly...they moved to a single xe-SUR router between here and Pontiac and speeds have already been more consistent since then. Can't wait for the new config file!

Im by washtenaw ave, still no change here. I dont think the change of route makes any difference speed wise.
we have performance, 25Mb down with power boost and then 16. what will i get after the new speed increase ?
johnnn
join:2007-01-25
Ann Arbor, MI

1 recommendation

johnnn

I'm off Stadium and experienced frequent congestion on Blast (36 down w/powerboost then 25) until they changed the route. Now I get my provisioned speeds more frequently. Looks like performance will go to 25/4 in a2, and blast will go to 50/10. Can't wait!

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by johnnn:

I'm off Stadium and experienced frequent congestion on Blast (36 down w/powerboost then 25) until they changed the route. Now I get my provisioned speeds more frequently. Looks like performance will go to 25/4 in a2, and blast will go to 50/10. Can't wait!

Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Enjoy

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro to johnnn

Premium Member

to johnnn
said by johnnn:

how much more blast is? it might be worth it if its only a few more bucks

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

These are the one second bursts I'm seeing on Performance lol.

It doesn't really last long enough to notice it on a download lol.

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro

Premium Member

cool! but how much is it?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by TheToro:

Are you asking about sustained speeds?

I usually see about 22-23 Mbps I think sustained but not sure about the upload. PB is insane though right now lol. Youtube and other sites keep bursting up to 40-60 Mbps

TheToro
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

TheToro

Premium Member

said by Darknessfall:

said by TheToro:

I usually see about 22-23 Mbps I think sustained but not sure about the upload. PB is insane though right now lol. Youtube and other sites keep bursting up to 40-60 Mbps

how many $$$? lol

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by TheToro:

said by Darknessfall:

said by TheToro:

how many $$$? lol

$19.99