Anav to Kirby Smith

Premium Member

to Kirby Smith

Re: L2TPoIPSEC problems

Hi Kirby my comms are poorly written.

My L2TP pool is 192.168.100.1 to 192.168.100.10

My Lan is 192.168.1.33 to 192.168.1.XX

I have no LAN2 or DMZ at all with any structure such as 192.168.100.0

How does my samsung on a different LANIP pool even see my shares^^^^^^^^ Is it because at that point they are in the same boiling pot of LAN1, no traffic cops to go through (see how I dont have a clue and am reduced to simple analogies LOL)

Now obviously I am getting thru as using ES explorer I was able to map to all MY NAS boxes, and on one test, access the folders, a sub folder, open a plain text file and read the word test. So its working. BUT BUT BUT its sheite trying to opne a folded with many media files. It cannot. It stalls. Obviously streaming anything is out of the question but REALLY, not enough throughput to show list of files?????
(or do all apps/programs try to display thumbnails for example)

The other pizzoff is that on the admin to router routing I get connected. I type in the LANIP of the router to access the web gui, and I get to hey its not an official certificate side, and simply state CONTINUE and it stops there....... no getting to the official login page..... Argggg.
Kirby Smith
join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH

Kirby Smith

We probably need flow diagrams of how ZyXEL has assembled a router out of iptables parts and their own modules to understand many questions like yours. The more I learn about these things the more impressed I am that anyone can construct a mostly-functioning router, whether ZyXEL or the pfSense team.

Your L2TP pool is probably like a VLAN to LAN1, but there is no series L2 switch to do any discrimination. Unless your firewall blocks 192.168.1.X from 192.168.100.X, the two "LANs" have connectivity so long as you use IP addresses between them, just as one could communicate between 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.2.200 if LANs 1 and 2 were populated.

kirby

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

said by Kirby Smith:

We probably need flow diagrams ...

How about this? ...and it's clickable too

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Third
Click for full size
Second
Click for full size
First
Click for full size
Overview
said by Brano:

said by Kirby Smith:

We probably need flow diagrams ...

No thats very static and list oriented. This is a dynamic tool WITH ANIMATION, whereby you can watch the ingress and egress of traffic and its status on each step of the way. Much better!!
Kirby Smith
join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH

Kirby Smith to Brano

to Brano
Brano:

I can't say that that built-in flow diagnostic wouldn't reveal what is going on between IP address pools, but from the categories shown I hadn't previously considered it. Since I can't simulate Anav's setup, I'll have to leave it to him to investigate.

kirby