share rss forum feed

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

Charter not taking part in "Six Strikes" program

»torrentfreak.com/isp-six-strikes···-120803/

The six strikes program will not be participated in by Charter, according to this article.

Expand your moderator at work

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17
reply to lineofsight

Re: Charter not taking part in "Six Strikes" program

Six strikes...gotta love it.

Stop.

Stop, we mean it.

Stop, we really mean it.

Stop, we really, really mean it

Stop, we're serious this time.

Stop, we're really serious now.

Lol.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

This line from that article says it all:

"I think history has shown that you cannot solve piracy by force, but that industries need to adapt around it with business models that allow consumers to access the content they want easily and at a not-unreasonable cost.”

In other words, and as I have been saying all along, they need to join the current century and get with the times!! Stupid idiots!!

I'd still be watching for Charter to stab you in the back, no matter what that story says.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Pesimist

join:2007-07-09
Valley, AL
reply to lineofsight

The article you hyperlinked is from August 2012, I'm sure things have changed since then.

Charter will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat!

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

We will see as this new idea unfolds.

megarock

join:2001-06-28
Catawissa, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to cork1958

Considering digital distribution eliminated the manufacture, design and distribution of said product it would in any realistic world mean a dramatic drop in the price of the product. Instead the price remains the same even though you get much less for your money which means bigger profits for the music and movie industry.

I don't care who does what - there is always a way around it. VPN and proxy services will increase in popularity, magnet instead of torrent files...it's already happening. And I would be more than happy to buy their music and movies if they lowered the price to reflect how little money they now spend on the product they are trying to sell us. I used to buy a ton of music and the RIAA itself can be thanked for me no longer doing that. I have boxes and boxes of movies in storage - and it is the MPAA who stopped that.

The industry continues to shoot itself in the foot and until the RIAA and MPAA no longer exist I will not give them a penny of my money. Period.