uniqs
share rss forum feed

kywirelessgu
Premium
join:2004-01-25
Nicholasville, KY
reply to infotime

Re: Modem ownership and move to Time Warner - Louisville, KY

I had this 3.95 added to my account this month. I just bought my own modem a couple months ago so I was wondering why I needed to pay this fee. Support said it was because I hadn't returned my old modem yet. The modem I've had for 5 years. She said as soon as I return it to the office they'll take the charge off.

What kind of bullshit is this? I thought I paid for the modem over the first 12 months of having internet service, why am I being charged a lease fee for a modem I bought 5 years ago and don't even use anymore? Now I gotta find time to go drop this thing off at their office all the way across town.

I feel like I'm being scammed.
--
the answers to all lifes questions... »www.google.com

kywirelessgu
Premium
join:2004-01-25
Nicholasville, KY
So I just called back and they magically lost the records for when I signed up ~7 years ago. Evidently they wipe out anything older than a certain date. They can see the balance (I was paying $40 a month at the time) but no more details than that. So since there's no evidence I bought my modem I'm going to get charged the lease fee until I return it.

I've been very loyal to Insight, going back to when they were called @home, but this might be enough to get me to switch to Windstream. At $54 a month for 10.0 I think it might be cheaper anyway.
--
the answers to all lifes questions... »www.google.com

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
I'm sort of confused, did you have a Insight provided modem that you never turned in? And are now using one you bought elsewhere? Just trying to follow.