uniqs
share rss forum feed

xyar
Premium
join:2001-06-21
Portland, OR

[Asterisk] Two SIP providers in Asterisk / FreePBX

Hello,

Our PBX runs Asterisk and FreePBX. All of our DIDs are delivered currently through a Vitelity trunk, but we are porting most of our DIDs to Integra. I want to leave the conference call DIDs (3) on Vitelity because they allow dynamic billing based on usage up to 100 simultaneous callers, whereas Integra does not. Is this possible to run both in the same installation? Vitelity hits it from a public IP address but Integra assigned us a private IP over a VLAN on the metro fiber connection we have from Integra, so a different port off the router into a different NIC on the server. I'm trying to determine if I'll have to run two different Asterisk installations or if one will handle this, or if I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Thanks!

Rhiannon
--
One geek to rule them all!

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:24

Assuming that the Integra private address is on a subnet different from your LANs, it should work. Asterisk does bind to all interfaces by default (bindaddr=0.0.0.0), so incoming packets from both sources should get processed ok. When sending packets, if your routing table in the OS is correct, they will go out the proper interface.

You should be able to test this ahead of time, by setting up a test PC with softphone, or a test ATA or IP phone, on a suitable private address, and connect it to the new NIC via a crossover cable or switch.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
reply to xyar

To answer your question... Yes it can be done. I use 5 different ITSP.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

Stewart

said by XCOM:

To answer your question... Yes it can be done. I use 5 different ITSP.

Unless the trunks come in on two or more WAN interfaces, that doesn't address the OP's issue.

xyar
Premium
join:2001-06-21
Portland, OR

Yes, the two ITSPs are on two different WAN interfaces. The private IP that Integra gave us is the same subnet as the internal LAN interface which also is confusing me a bit, I'm thinking that might be wise to have it on a different subnet.

druber

join:2000-04-11
Stow, MA

In general it won't work well (if at all) to have the same subnet on two interfaces.

Stewart

reply to xyar

said by xyar:

Yes, the two ITSPs are on two different WAN interfaces. The private IP that Integra gave us is the same subnet as the internal LAN interface which also is confusing me a bit, I'm thinking that might be wise to have it on a different subnet.

Unless it was specifically chosen to be on the same subnet (for a reason you have not yet explained), IMO that's really asking for trouble and you should get them to assign one in a different block.