uniqs
kdouglas10
Premium Member
join:2002-10-04
Jacksonville, FL

kdouglas10

Premium Member

Re: Comcast Jitter

If none of that helps, then back to what pflog sez re: S/N ratio. My Comcast tech (who rolled out here 3 times to get my S/N above -37db & finally ran an amplified "homerun" from my distribution box) swears that -37db is a **minimum** signal for reasonably reliable speeds and video streaming. I recognize that jitter is the issue, and some of the early on figures you showed were meaningless to me, but testing using the premium tools on this site shows me with extremely low jitter (now) and consistent down of 18-24MHz (I think downstream is dependent on usage on my block) and 4 MHz upstream while paying for the same speed (15/2) that I think you have.

I feel your pain. Stay on it!

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by kdouglas10:

If none of that helps, then back to what pflog sez re: S/N ratio. My Comcast tech (who rolled out here 3 times to get my S/N above -37db & finally ran an amplified "homerun" from my distribution box) swears that -37db is a **minimum** signal for reasonably reliable speeds and video streaming.

FWIW, pflog See Profile was referring to the "uSNR" (upstream Signal to Noise Ratio). Even if the downstream (forward path) SNR looks good and is in spec, there may be noise ingress in only the upstream (return path) carrier/s operating frequency range.