All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

habskilla
join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

habskilla to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

Re: Way out of a rocket hub contract due to unusable service?

said by yyzlhr:

said by habskilla:

Who's cancelling? He's moving to Winnipeg.

As you know and as the OP was clearly told:

quote:
They contend that as long as its working, no matter how unusable, they're fulfilling their part of the contract and I can't get out without paying termination fees
OK, let's play their game. Can Rogers provide service to my new address in MB? No? Then too bad for Rogers. You're not fulfilling the contract by providing service. No service no contract. Please terminate the contract without charging termination fees.

Please remember, the OP doesn't want to terminate his contract with Rogers. He simply wants a "usable" service for which he's paying for. Rogers is the one who's playing hard ball by smacking the OP around with the "contract". So I say, smack back and "move" to Winnipeg.

Service providers have designed their TOS to ensure that they don't have to waive ETFs even if you move outside their coverage area. Rogers does waive ETFs if you move out of their coverage area out of good will, but there are specific requirements that need to be met, and they do not verify serviceability in the manner that you've described.

Excellent!
What is the proper way to "move" to an area not serviced by Rogers so that the OP can avoid playing termination fees?

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

said by habskilla:

Excellent!
What is the proper way to "move" to an area not serviced by Rogers so that the OP can avoid playing termination fees?

By packing up and moving and even then Rogers could claim that you moved so you still need to pay because it was your choice.