Search similar:

uniqs
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

$29.99 trial

Back when I had the 10/1 (probably now 15/1) for $29.99 as a trial, I said I wanted to renew at the trial rate and they said no. My past experience has allowed me to do this (or threaten to quit and they'd give in). So then I threatened to quit and they cold transferred me to the department that handles cancellations. I asked again about the $29.99, or I'd quit and they essentially asked when and where I'd like to drop off my modem. I wasn't being a jerk or anything. I was being quite nice.

Now a family member 200 miles away from me but in the same state went through the same thing, and they renewed it at the $29.99 trial rate for them. What gives?

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

I think you used the wrong words. Worked like a charm for me when I said "AT&T Uverse is offering *this* and before I order it I was wondering if you could match/beat it"

/M
Expand your moderator at work

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to fartness

to fartness

Re: $29.99 trial

said by fartness:

Now a family member 200 miles away from me but in the same state went through the same thing, and they renewed it at the $29.99 trial rate for them. What gives?

Thanks for your post. Try calling a couple more times, and say the magic "UVerse" word. Let us know how that comes out.

It's also probable that they track offer acceptance internally, and their program is now telling them to let you go if your account cannot turn a better profit.

Finally, I don't know where 200 miles from Look Outside might be, but if competition there is stiffer than in Look Outside, that may be why they're not offering the deal in Look Outside.
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

Good points.

1. We don't have U-Verse here.
2. I live in a metro area of over 1 million, but we have no "real" competition. TW would laugh if I said I'm switching to Frontier's archaic DSL.

Point number 2 is probably why. They know there's no other alternative. In my family member's city, which is smaller than mine, they have Fios in the metro area. Not available to my family member, but it is 2 miles away. TW likely doesn't know that.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

1 recommendation

chamberc to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
The good news is you have a choice to be their customer or not just as they're free to charge what they wish for their product.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to fartness

to fartness
That 'archaic' DSL is a good starting point for negotiation, it doesn't matter if it is slower or faster, a good or bad value you have to be ready to call your or their bluff.

Other thing that matter is your payment history, if you pay on time or not. I recently tried to negotiate faster speeds for a business client and TWBC said NO! In front of me was the two month unpaid bill... not a good idea to negotiate under those conditions.

I'd love to play poker with you
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
Look Outside

fartness (banned)

Ha, I'm good at poker and I have my bill set to auto pay.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to fartness

to fartness

It's quite possible their system is throwing up a flag because you have had the promotion prior..

Face it.. you may just have to pay normal price to keep your Time Warner internet services or switch to Frontier.

TW is a business and as such they are out to make money.

Good luck trying.. You may get lucky.
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to fartness

to fartness
As a few people have stated, "Trial" indicates just that. A trial. Trials end and you go to regular pricing (Or something not the 29.99).

The new advertising campaign only has basic for 29.99 now. Standard is something like $45.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to fartness

to fartness
said by fartness:

Ha, I'm good at poker and I have my bill set to auto pay.

LOL Next month I'll be in the same situation as you... wish me luck

I'm doing my homework and looking at Dish and Directv offers and promotions for internet my only reasonable option is TWI, uverse is a joke here.