Search similar:

uniqs

mooch
No Booing Allowed
join:2001-11-11
Sunbury, OH

mooch

Whew...really slow speeds in Central Ohio today

Centurylink DSL speeds have been so horrendously slow today that a speed test won't even load. Anybody else in Central Ohio having issues?

Sileny Jizda
join:2008-01-15
Millersburg, OH

Sileny Jizda

You are not the only one. When I can get the speedtest to load it shows as things being normal but load times are horrendous. It's network wide in my house as well. No particular computer at all.
jcims
join:2008-07-07
Marysville, OH

jcims to mooch

to mooch
I'm just west of you mooch, in Union County. It had been terrible, but has been getting better recently. If you subscribe to the CL outage notifications you'll see that they are rolling around doing upgrades all over the place. If you aren't getting any answers, try hunting down some of the CenturyLink folks that post in here, or request an escalation when you call in.

Unfortunately I've been down for ~24 hours now due to some kind of 'area outage', so I'm racking up my Verizon bill just trying to get work done.

mooch
No Booing Allowed
join:2001-11-11
Sunbury, OH

1 edit

mooch

Hello Jcims, I remember you from the last time a thread was going that involved central Ohio folks having poor speeds and pings. My connection has been flakey since the end of 2012...prior to that it had been running great for over 6 months.

I did contact the "talk to us" Centurylink folks via the link they've made public on this forum. That was over a week ago and haven't heard anything from them. Having heard other members post that they never received a response from talk to us..I asked in my inquiry that they at least send me a response indicating someone will look at the situation....still nothing. Maybe I'll shoot them an email at talktous@centurylink if I don't hear anything on my first inquiry.

It took a bit of googling, but I did locate the form to subscribe to "CL outage notifications". Thanks for pointing that out, I'll take a look at it once I get my password.
mooch

mooch to Sileny Jizda

to Sileny Jizda
said by Sileny Jizda:

You are not the only one. When I can get the speedtest to load it shows as things being normal but load times are horrendous. It's network wide in my house as well. No particular computer at all.

Good luck with that, I know it's frustrating to not have a dependable connection you can count on. Has that been going on for long..have you contacted Centurylink? I know my experiences with CL tech support has been as inconsistent as their service is. About a year ago when my evening speeds were running at dial up speeds, I had one CL guy on the phone tell me he was "looking at some lights on his console that indicated there was a problem on the line and that he'd look into and get back to me". Never heard from him again and when I called back, the next CL person told me tier 1 tech support doesn't have any kind of console to see line problems, they had no idea what he was talking about. Frustrating.