spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mdv921

join:2008-06-26

1 edit

AT&T raising rates in April (at least they're raising mine)

Just got this email from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear AT&T High Speed Internet Member,

At AT&T, we value your business and strive to provide you with the best possible Internet experience.

We're writing to let you know about a change in price for your AT&T High Speed Internet service. In an effort to continue providing you with the high level of quality, service, and features you've come to expect from AT&T, starting with your April 2013 bill1, the monthly rate for your AT&T High Speed Internet FastAccess DSL Xtreme Direct 6.0 plan which you are currently enrolled in will increase from $47.95 to $51.00 per month.2 If you meet the bundle qualifications, you will receive a bundle discount of $5/mo on the wireless portion of your combined bill for AT&T High Speed Internet Direct and AT&T Wireless.3

This change will be automatic. There will be no interruption to your Internet service based on this change, and you will continue to enjoy the same great features you currently do today like:

• Up to 11 email accounts with virtually UNLIMITED storage space
• Personalized Home Page
• Instant Messaging
• Parental Controls
• Security tools including the AT&T Internet Security Suite with Anti-Spyware,
Anti-Virus, and Firewall protection (available free to select speeds)4

Plus, don't forget that access to the entire national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot network is included in your AT&T High Speed Internet plan, so you can stay connected on the go!

And we're always making improvements to offer you even more value, more speed, and more ways to stay connected.

For more details on these changes, please go to att.com/sedslupdate. Or, if you have any questions, please call us at 1.866.417.6819.

We want to thank you for your business and assure you that AT&T is dedicated to making your Internet experience the best it can be.

Sincerely,

Your AT&T High Speed Internet Customer Care Team

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by mdv921:

The monthly rate for your AT&T High Speed Internet FastAccess DSL Xtreme Direct 6.0 plan which you are currently enrolled in will increase from $47.95 to $51.00 per month.

Fastaccess is the 9 state att bellsouth region
Bellsouth dsl billing has always been higher than the 13 state att regions

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
kudos:1
reply to mdv921

Wow, in Tampa you can get 15Mbps for that price.

privatepilot
Premium
join:2004-05-25
Evansville, IN
reply to mdv921

Retention dropped mine back to 28/mo from 43/mo for one year.

knot

join:2009-02-08
Albany, GA
reply to mdv921

I got the same email. My 3.0 plan will go from 37.95 to 41.00.

ndwbr

join:2003-07-10
Atlanta, GA

ditto here in Atlanta, 6Mbps DSL going from $47.95 to $51.00

wizkid6

join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL
reply to mdv921

And they're probably going to start charging the taxes like they do on U-verse.

With that in mind, I just ordered Max Plus IP-DSL service.

I thought that since it's only going to be a $5 price difference that it's worth it.

Going to be installed Thursday.

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_T···edom_Act

"extended the moratorium until November 1, 2014"

But it excludes as I recall, Ohio and Texas, which already had sales taxes in-place before the initial moratorium was proposed.

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
reply to mdv921

Tack that number onto your POT's bill, and aDSL becomes just too expensive for my blood. I dumped them both and saved a boat load of money..

Went 100% wireless(+ a few hacks) instead, generally faster, 4g cap'd @ 5GB/mo and wayyy cheaper.

Squeezer

join:2002-01-03
Byram, MS
reply to privatepilot

said by privatepilot:

Retention dropped mine back to 28/mo from 43/mo for one year.

How were you able to do that? What is their phone number and what did you say to them?

Robert c

join:2008-07-24
reply to mdv921

I'M Locked in @ $37.95 For FastAccess DSL Xtreme Direct 6.0 plan ... I would love to be able to get Fios but on till it comes to Coral Springs FL AT&T will have to do.

willpick
Premium
join:2008-01-28
Boca Raton, FL

1 edit
reply to mdv921

I got the same email---I checked after reading this thread . I only have 1.5 down/.38 up(can't get anything faster unless I switch to Uverse or cable) and my rate is going up to 36$+ from 33$. Eventually I'm sure that ATT will force me to Uverse-- I just hope that I get better speeds than I currently have--

ndwbr

join:2003-07-10
Atlanta, GA

It's all about how far from the local switch (used to be office, now it's just a box on a pole probably) you are. If you are less than 15000 feet (approx 3 miles), you can get excellent performance, otherwise your performance will suffer. However, if you can get 1.5 I'll get you can get 3 or 6 and they just refuse to upgrade anyone - Uverse is their signature product -eventually they will shut down all DSL and you will only be able to have that, but i'm going to hold out as long as possible!

willpick
Premium
join:2008-01-28
Boca Raton, FL

When I started with ATT DSL, I could have gotten 6. I should have. Now ATT keeps telling me that I can't upgrade at all. Which is STUPID, as the minimum tier for Uverse is 3! So, I'll just keep holding on with my lousy(rarely get over .8) connection till they force my to switch(unless they cut me off altogether!!)

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA

Does anyone know the number to California ATT DSL retention? I would like to keep with ATT but at the rate that DSLX is offering.

Thank you in advance!

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9
reply to mdv921

Does this affect West - California etc?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to bbnovice

try the general number 1-888-att-2020 and say "billing" should get you to a billing person (which is essentially what you want).

privatepilot
Premium
join:2004-05-25
Evansville, IN
reply to Squeezer

Just called the DSL 1 877-722-3755 and said we were an ATT customer for more than 60 years (including the breakup and then back to ATT). Then we asked for a better rate. The young lady gladly looked up any promos and picked the best for us. The reduced rate was on the next bill and I received an email informing me of the change. It was a pleasant conversation. PP

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA

I also just called the 877-722-3755 number and noted that my previous promo rate had expired and that I wanted to get the $14.95/mo intro rate that ATT and DSLX were offering for the Pro level DSL. Not able to get that, but the very pleasant CSR gave me $19.95 per month for 6 months and was able to shave more money off of our phone and long distance plans--overall am saving much more than if I simply switched to DSLX. Too bad I am behind a remote terminal so I am not eligible for Fusion.

Thank you dslreports and to the posters above!

bellsouthn

@bellsouth.net
reply to mdv921

I guess now that the rate is being raised again, the service will
deteriorate again. How about improving service before raising rates.

bigozone1

join:2013-02-08
Corbin, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
·AT&T Southeast
reply to mdv921

just found this lovely email in my in-box....

{{{AT&T
AT&T
Important Change to your AT&T
Internet Service
See below for Spanish
Refiérase abajo para español
Dear AT&T High Speed Internet Customer,

We're writing to let you know about a change in price for your AT&T High Speed Internet service. In an effort to continue providing you with the high level of quality, service, and features you've come to expect from AT&T, starting with your May 2013 bill1, the monthly rate for your AT&T High Speed Internet FastAccess DSL Xtreme 6.0 plan2 will increase from $42.95 to $46.00 per month.

This change will be automatic. There will be no interruption to your Internet service because of this change, and you will continue to enjoy the same great features, including:}}}

so now my DSL is going to cost as much as my POST line and DSL did last month.

does AT&T not understand that they are not the only cell carrier in the area, and with treatment like this i'd rather overpay for sat. since the cable in the area sux.

if they don't do something with these rates or the speeds (yeah right), then i foresee a lot of copper going unused. and i don't see AT&T making it up in wireless. i for one hope they lose.

bigozone1

join:2013-02-08
Corbin, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
·AT&T Southeast
reply to mdv921

just found the same email in my inbox. are they trying to drive away all customers?? i don't need an AT&T cell phone, i have to go out side my house just to take a call.

and now they want to raise the DSL price to the level i've been paying for DLS and POTS? WTH!

i think i'm going to ditch all media and save the $$ so i can move to a local area served by a super cable system and a different phone provider.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to mdv921

Call "cancellations" and ask for a promo price and threaten to cancel or just say you lost your job. The phone techs need a story to enter in your account when they give u a promo price.
For 6 meg you shuld be less than $25 a month.
I pay $30 for 12 meg as that is the max my line will get.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

mtman6698

join:2011-09-02
Fountain, FL
reply to mdv921

Mine goes up to $41 from $38 for 1.5 on the 1st of May. I have no option except sat and they know it.

FL ATT

@bellsouth.net

Yup 1.5 Direct in my area is also $41. I called after my promo ran out and before the rate increase to get a retention credit and was told I would get it for $28/mth for a year but it turns out to be just a $10 credit as my bill was $31 for this month

Susan_

join:2008-01-04
Roseville, MI
reply to mdv921

Same email, and also increase from $48 to $51. Got my bill today and called to cancel. They were closed already. For $51 can't we get 24/7 customer care? Between 2 iPhones, 2 iPads and DSL, I'm paying waaaaay to much to AT&T. Something's gotta go.

OneHeart

join:2002-02-20
reply to bigozone1

Count me as another one to "get the email".
--
OneHeart

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA
reply to mdv921

Few years back it was this much and it went down to $20 for many years. Why did it go back up again? At this price, pay another $10 to get faster speed for Comcast.

DSL is an old technology and it cant go any faster. And ATT is too cheap to upgrade to Uverse in area with DSL.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by chong67:

DSL is an old technology and it cant go any faster. And ATT is too cheap to upgrade to Uverse in area with DSL.

I wouldn't sell yourself short on that, I have had to turn some end users over to uverse IP-DSL for better speeds and such.

robertjump

join:2003-08-16
Kansas City, MO
reply to mdv921

With Google in town offering 6 Mps free for a minimum of 7 years (+$300 installation) or 1 gigabit (up and down) + 1 Terabyte of Google Drive for $70/mo, ATT decides to increase Kansas City 3 Mps DSL rates from $38 to $41/month. It's obvious that ATT is trying to get out of the ISP business in this market.

Google was running fiber behind the house this week so ATT is soon to lose another customer.