Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djryval

join:2013-02-27
Warrenville, SC

1 edit

Using SB6121 with ABB Express Service question

Hi, I recently upgraded from an old DOCSIS 2.0 modem to a new Motorola SB6121 to try and take advantage of DOCSIS 3.0 since it is supposed to get me better speeds with the Express service. For some reason, my downstream only recognizes one bonded channel instead of 4 like I'm supposed to be getting, at least that is what I assumed. I've called tech support and they have provisioned it twice, and it will only show a blue light for about 30 minutes, then eventually it reboots itself and reverts back to 1 channel for downstream again (green light). It will stay on the green light until I power cycle it again, but after about 30 minutes it will revert back to 1 channel again. Does this mean I have a defective modem? I bought it brand new just a couple weeks ago, and it stayed with a blue light for several straight days. But now I can't get it to go back no matter what I try (I've done about every power cycle known to man with the modem and separate router). The tech on the phone says I have a good signal, no problem with it. BTW - I'm in the Aiken location. Any advice or should I just return this modem and get something else?

ABBJason

join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA

djryval I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send me a private message and provide me with your address or account number?