how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wb457

join:2000-02-07
Los Angeles, CA

Fusion & ATT Q

I've had DSLX going on 9 years and just placed an order for Fusion yesterday. I received the activation date email today and it states... "Make sure your service with us is active and working before calling your current service provider to cancel. Be sure to let them know you have switched your service to DSL Extreme." Am I supposed to call ATT to cancel my phone service with them? And if so how do I know the Fusion service is active and working beforehand? Sorry for the stupid questions... just a bit confusing.
--
If it ain't broke, pray it never will.

Wapcaplet

join:2005-03-31
Pasadena, CA

AT&T canceled my service automatically when I switched to Fusion, so you shouldn't need to contact them.

To confirm that your voice service has switched over, you can try calling *99 from your Fusion line to access your Fusion voice mail. Your new voice mail service is not active by default, and you can choose to turn it on & set it up or leave it off when you call *99.

wb457

Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for the reply, Wapcaplet. I thought it should be automatic as well.

Any DSLX techs want to confirm this?
--
If it ain't broke, pray it never will.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

In general, the switch does process normally and AT&T stops billing you automatically. We recommend double-checking with them after the switch just to make SURE that they've stopped billing you, because SOMETIMES AT&T makes mistakes...

... but usually they're pretty good about this.

wb457

Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for clarifying, Nick