uniqs

Tedsky
join:2009-05-01
Welland, ON

Tedsky to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: Start Communications - 2013 Feb Cogeco-Land Packages

DNH,

Now that I've been on a 20/2/300 Start pkg for about 5 weeks, I'm beginning to experiment with DNS Proxy Servers for Netflix (to name one streaming service being considered).

Any comments on Unblock-US, Blockless, HideMyNet, Tunlr, etc?
(HMN has a promo code: 50OFF2013 ti cut an annual recurring subscription in half from $48.99 to $24.50 USD!

(Naturally, it would be nice to hear that that one is a good one with which to hook up)
»www.hidemynet.com

Cheers!
Ted

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

I use Unblock-US and i'm very happy with it. Even SuperHD works with it (with Netflix).

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Tedsky

Premium Member

to Tedsky
said by Tedsky:

...I'm beginning to experiment with DNS Proxy Servers...

Any comments on Unblock-US, Blockless, HideMyNet, Tunlr, etc?

(HMN has a promo code: 50OFF2013 to cut an annual recurring subscription in half from $48.99 to $24.50 USD! ....

Sorry, but I have not used any of those so far, but am considering to, as you seem to be.

You'll be kind enough to post what you think, if you get there first ?

Tedsky
join:2009-05-01
Welland, ON

Tedsky to silvercat

to silvercat
Happened to choose Blockless which offered NO credit card required to set up, though I know when the trial is over in a week, then out must come the plastic :-(.

While reading others' comments on Blockless, Unblock-US, TUNLR, UNOTelly, etc, saw a post regarding a special code offer which would apply for life-time annual subscriptions with HideMyNet.

There are a couple of disclaimers that not all streaming sites work right off the bat and may require HMN's support to tweak for various devices (Boxee, Roku, XBox-360, HTIB BDs with Smart Hub.

Web site seems quite professional and highly informative ...
»www.hidemynet.com

Basically, one receives Proxy DNS, VPN for $24.50 USD / year with this discount code ...

50OFF2013

Anyone have any feedback (good or bad) for this one? At $24.50 USD, this seems a pretty good deal at just over $2 USD / month. makes Netflix just over $10 for anywhere, not just Canada.

Ted
in Niagara Region
Tedsky

Tedsky to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
Sorry Dave,

Didn't notice a 2nd page here with your post on it :-(.
I haven't YET tried HMN as I'm still checking out Blockless with their NO Credit Card Required trial.

So far, Netflix is touring the US nicely - even shows movies we have NOT watched as having been watched (havent't even -looked- at the titles even ...

Maybe I can locate the HMN poster and ask these questions - I believe it was on the Digital Home site.

Cheers!
from Ted
in Niagara Region
Tedsky

Tedsky to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
Found it!

»forums.boxee.tv/showthre ··· ?t=64962

Delavoie was the poster on 2013-01-13 at 14:28 ...
Check this out, not sure how good they are, but i'm thinking of trying them out, since it's so cheap with this coupon.

hidemynet.com VPN / DNS Redirector proxy $24.50/year for life
coupon code 50% off of the LIFETIME of your service package: 50OFF2013
PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and the HTTP Proxy
It also has DNS re-director Proxy - the same as usvideo.ca / unblock-us.com
excellent for US Netflix etc for $2 a month.
Hmmm ...
Your turn
Tedsky

Tedsky to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
Dave,

Upon further research, here's is the DEFINITIVE link to read - BAR NONE ...

»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· 1288142/

A representative of HideMyNet (called HideMyNet strangely enough has been posting, responding to queries left and right, and generally TOTALLY AVAILABLE to any and all questions posted since 2013-01-15 when he himself joined the RedFlags Forum.

Best I can do in the short term

Cheers
Ted