join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Charter
·surpasshosting

[Equipment] C610 IP Battery Life

I've had the C610 IP set for a while. When I bought it, I knew the batteries were crap based on reviews. My experience was several days of standby time, even with the factory "cheapies".
Recently both phones started dieing out rather quickly. I went to Radio Shack and got new batteries. However, the new batteries seemed to not last much longer.

I thought maybe the RS batteries were crap too, so I replaced them with Energizer batteries. Still a very decreased standby life.

Heading off some questions here: Yes, I'm using the proper size and type of battery.

I am not using ECO mode because of the reduced range. I never have.

Now that I think back, this seems to occurred around the same time as a firmware update (maybe a month or two ago).

Is anybody else having a problem here?
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

Yep, battery life is certainly not as advertised.

Maybe 3.5 days on standby and I get 5 hours of talk time. I have 3 C610H phones 2 of which are mostly on standby while other other gets used regularly.

BTW, IMO this phone is WAY over rated by many on this forum IMO.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Charter
·surpasshosting

I liked the phones when they had some standby time. I used to get 3 and sometimes 4 days out of them. Now I'm lucky to get 1.5-2. This is with no change in pattern on talk time (e.g., no one is running the phone dead with long or frequent phone calls.

I just checked for a FW update, but it says I'm on the latest. It's not that I have much hope in a FW update resolving the issue, but I can't get the thought out of me head that my troubles may have been caused by one.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

jobr

join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

Trev mentioned in another thread that problems after a firmware update are sometimes solved by a factory reset. Have you tried that?

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to nunya

I had to replace the batteries in my C610A IP handsets after about a year of use. I replaced them with Eneloop AAA's.

The stock batteries are crap. They are rated at 700 mAH and an unknown number of cycles.

Eneloop AAA batteries are rated at 750 mAH and are good for 1500 cycles. So, these will probably last slightly longer per charge, but more importantly, they will be able to maintain this capacity for many more charge/discharge cycles.

Eneloop batts are basically the best NiHM batts that you can get. I use them in all of my high-end flashlights and have been using several sets for the last 5 years without an issue.

They can be hard to find locally, but amazon sells them.